archery shoots

The Fever

why do people have a seperate bow for 3D shoots? are they set up differently? or is it just something most people do?

P&Y FINALY

when i was serious about 3-d i shot a longer axle to axle bow (this helps for L/R accuracy).
now i shoot a Switchback for 3-d and Outback to hunt. my only reason for having 2 now is i keep the Outback set up for turkey hunting now and the Switchback is a back-up during deer season. keeps from having to change things if im hunting or shooting 3-d. kinda like fishing rods, you cant have too many!

mackman

I shoot fixed blade broad heads, they shoot a little different than my field points, I am not a pro 3-d shooter, but I do like to shoot the club shoots from start to end of the club shoots, so I like having a seperate bow, because of set up is a little different. Both are hunting bows. Same bows and arrows, if one needs work during the season then I have another ready to hunt, just a little sighting in to do to get back going.

hansel

For me my 3-D/spot bow is more of a tink'n toy too have:bounce: but it can also step up and be my back up if something should happen top my XT. One of the big difference in the bows is that my Drenalin (3-D) is only 60lbs. verse's 70lbs. on my XT, so it's allot more fun, and easier on my shoulder to use the Drenalin for all the 3-D/spot shooting I do.

dhardegree

I had an Outback for one season. Hardly shot it. Lost my hunting land. Sold it.

I just got an Apex7 which is more of a target bow. I wish I still had the Outback for hunting, because it is so much quieter that the Apex. Plus, the parrallel limb design was more compact and easier to get around the woods with. Ain't selling the Apex, though! I love this bow.

dmedd

re

My hunting bow is around 34 1/2 inches axle to axle with a 7 inch brace height. On the other hand my tournament bow is 41 inches axle to axle with an 8 1/2 inch brace height. My tournament bow is a lot heavier than my hunting bow with the long stabilizers and back bars. To make a long story short....all of these features on the tournament bow make it a lot less finicky when my form isn't perfect on every shot.....no one's form ever is. I've tried shooting my hunting bow for 3D and have done very well with it from time to time. The shorter ATA and BH will tell on me when I drop my bow arm a little or torque my grip a little. Hope this helps. Like someone said earlier....I'm far far far from being a professional but this setup seems to work best for me. Good Shootin!!!!!!