Archery shop that never let you down

SouthrnPride

I’ve been to three well know archery shops and I’m fed up with the services I’ve received. I’m not going to share any names...

What archery shop and tech do you use that’s never let you down? I’m near Atlanta.

The sticky with recommended shops ain’t working for me...

Last edited:

hdgapeach

Like you, I got frustrated. I decided to accumulate all the tools and equipment and started doing my own stuff to my archery gear. I still have to source supplies, parts and assessories at regular retail places (mostly online), but I ain't got nobody but myself to blame for quality and customer satisfaction (lol).

Sometimes it's been challenging BUT, it's always fun and satisfying to troubleshoot and repair / modify my stuff. I've thought about opening up a shop, but I keep remembering how it was when I was turning wrenches on vehicles as a hobby and screwed up and started doing it for profit. I got to hating working on cars then and don't want to have the same happen to my archery "tinkerin'".

Good luck in your search. I know it'd be a haul for you but, I've heard Scott at River Bottom Outdoors is a great person to deal with. He's just east of Franklin, GA off of Hwy 34. Google the shop for his page and contact info, if you're interested.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck in your search. I know it'd be a haul for you but, I've heard Scott at River Bottom Outdoors is a great person to deal with. He's just east of Franklin, GA off of Hwy 34. Google the shop for his page and contact info, if you're interested.

Scott is top notch and will do you right!

law dawg

Dale at pop’s outdoors in Demorest. He ain’t much to look at, but he knows his stuff. Worth the hour or so drive from ATL. I drive 3 hours.

turkeyhuntinfool

Dale at Pop’s Outdoors in Demorest
is outstanding. Not only is he the best at all archery work, he is also one of the finest people you will ever meet. I promise he is the guy you are looking for !

Gut_Pile

I've thought about opening up a shop, but I keep remembering how it was when I was turning wrenches on vehicles as a hobby and screwed up and started doing it for profit. I got to hating working on cars then and don't want to have the same happen to my archery "tinkerin'".

This! I worked in a bow shop from 05-12 and completely gave up bow hunting for 5 years after that. I was so tired of looking at bows and dealing with bow hunters I didn't care if I ever went again.

Ihunt

I enjoy using Johnny at Chucks in Warner Robins.

bigblocktransam

If your in north east Georgia, look up Sam Bows in Ila. Little dude is top notch.

Tree Top Archery, think they changed their name to Top Tier Archery near Carrollton, Carl has many many years experience, he won't let you down!

ssramage

After a poor experience with a shop in Brunswick, I drove up to Pooler yesterday to Wildcat Archery. They got me set up very quickly and had a really nice shop. It’s a bit of a ride but worth it.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Deercliff Archery in Decatur and Dan Quillian's Archery Traditions in Athens.

Both now gone.

GunnSmokeer

I just got back, a couple hours ago, from Mitch's archery in Canton, GA.
The shop's been there for 30 years, but at first it was just taxidermy.
He's only been selling archery gear and tuning / customizing bows and arrows for the last 26 years.
I drove there from Marietta, to get some accessories installed on a very old Bear Whitetail Hunter bow. Real old-school! Mitch took care of it, and sold me the correct kind of arrows with feather fletching (for this type of bow and the arrow rest it has).