Are we allowed to go hunting?

Lilly001

Just tell anyone who ask that you are going to get groceries.
And I think recreation, as long as you practice social distancing, is allowed.

280 Man

Banned
I don't think there will be anyone stopping every car/truck to see where they are going! Go hunting, be happy, stay safe and don't worry about it!!

ROLLTIDE 33

I will feed my family!!! Period The End. We can skin a buck and run a trot line and a country boy can survive!!! :bounce:

Last edited:
I get and agree with everyone. I'm going to my hunting lease Friday night and coming home Sunday. We are doing foodplots.
One of my guys (and hard workers) wife is pounding on him that the Governor says we all have to stay at home starting friday.
I'm going regardless. I was just hoping that somebody could post something offical I could show him.

Beagles N Boykins

I’m not sure what some people’s thought processes are. I love to hunt but out of a respect for other people and their health I’m staying at home. We all talk a lot about personal responsibility until in infringes on something of ours. I won’t go out because I could be one on those that has little or no symptoms but could pump gas and give it to the next person to touch the pump. There will be another turkey season. I’ve lost a license in TN, KY, SC, and GA but I have the knowledge I’m not part of the problem. I’m not doing this because any gov official told me to, I’m doing it because I’m an adult who cares about others.

Lilly001

I’m not sure what some people’s thought processes are. I love to hunt but out of a respect for other people and their health I’m staying at home. We all talk a lot about personal responsibility until in infringes on something of ours. I won’t go out because I could be one on those that has little or no symptoms but could pump gas and give it to the next person to touch the pump. There will be another turkey season. I’ve lost a license in TN, KY, SC, and GA but I have the knowledge I’m not part of the problem. I’m not doing this because any gov official told me to, I’m doing it because I’m an adult who cares about others.
I get that.
But as long as you social distance and glove up when gassing and such your exposure is below minimum.
I can't see, but in the most extraordinary circumstances, where going outdoors with proper precautions is contrary to what we are being asked to do.
A literal interpretation of the order still allows outside activities.

Wayne D Davis

Dispersed recreation which includes hunting and fishing is still allowed for now. All state wma's are still open. Latest update I could find was on the 27th but I know of a couple guys that hunted today.... gates are still open

Beagles N Boykins

It’s 13-30 days I think I can handle hanging around the house. I’ll get in some dog training in my yard. I hate not turkey hunting, but I bet the small business people hate losing there business worse. Getting to and from the woods and the people I encounter are too much for my conscience. The guys at the camp have families and multiply your contact. I assume we all here have families at home too. I’ve given up more for less. I’m out

ucfireman

I believe you can still go hunting, but this is the deer thread and deer season is not open. Maybe try turkey hunting. The WMA was open on Monday. I assume private land would be allowed to.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
In other States ( Florida and Texas), hunting and fishing have specifically been listed with the essential outdoor activities such as exercise and hiking. I've also heard that the DNR intends to follow this template.
I'm thinking our hunting and fishing will be OK. Just maintain social distancing...