Are we allowed to go hunting?

j_seph

I’m not sure what some people’s thought processes are. I love to hunt but out of a respect for other people and their health I’m staying at home. We all talk a lot about personal responsibility until in infringes on something of ours. I won’t go out because I could be one on those that has little or no symptoms but could pump gas and give it to the next person to touch the pump. There will be another turkey season. I’ve lost a license in TN, KY, SC, and GA but I have the knowledge I’m not part of the problem. I’m not doing this because any gov official told me to, I’m doing it because I’m an adult who cares about others.
Luckily my truck is full of gas, and will still need to be full as I am considered an essential employee. I can get in my truck drive 10 minutes, be on my lease of 500 acres and 4 members and never be around anyone.

davidhelmly

I’m not sure what some people’s thought processes are. I love to hunt but out of a respect for other people and their health I’m staying at home. We all talk a lot about personal responsibility until in infringes on something of ours. I won’t go out because I could be one on those that has little or no symptoms but could pump gas and give it to the next person to touch the pump. There will be another turkey season. I’ve lost a license in TN, KY, SC, and GA but I have the knowledge I’m not part of the problem. I’m not doing this because any gov official told me to, I’m doing it because I’m an adult who cares about others.
You're just smarter than the average non caring idiot who only thinks about themselves, thank you for that!

baddave

i wouldn't go guys . i just listened to Kemp . sounds like you stand a chance of getting a purty stout ticket . my wife and i were in the process of packing the truck for an extended stay at the "hut" . unpacking now cause i feel sure i'd get pulled over on I-20 and get a ticket . especially coming home next week .

snooker1

The order from the Florida Governor clearly states you can go hunting and fishing as long as you follow the social distancing guidelines,

According to the executive order, here are some of the businesses, services, and activities that will remain open:

"Recreational activities consistent with social distancing guidelines (walking, biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, running, swimming)"

Gator89

https://georgiawildlife.blog/2020/04/02/covid-19-hunting-fishing-faqs/

Can I still hunt or fish?

Hunting and fishing have not been cancelled. You’ll still need to follow all ordinances placed within the county or city you live or plan to visit.

Are Wildlife Management Areas, Public Fishing Areas, and DNR Ranges still open?

All DNR properties remain open to the public but you are asked to maintain the 6-ft dispersal recommendation. Below are links to the lists of these properties:

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
https://georgiawildlife.blog/2020/04/02/covid-19-hunting-fishing-faqs/

Can I still hunt or fish?

Hunting and fishing have not been cancelled. You’ll still need to follow all ordinances placed within the county or city you live or plan to visit.

Are Wildlife Management Areas, Public Fishing Areas, and DNR Ranges still open?

All DNR properties remain open to the public but you are asked to maintain the 6-ft dispersal recommendation. Below are links to the lists of these properties:

A question and reply from DNR in the comments.

"This is dated April 2, is the expected to change tomorrow April 3, when Governor Kemp’s Shelter in Place goes into effect? I provide Information to North Georgia Community and need Information ASAP. Thank You"
  1. 774dbbc0d429f18cb907c81bc5b67daa
    Georgia DNR, Wildlife Resources Division
    April 2, 2020 at 2:51 pm
    This information is taking into account the shelter-in-place order. We do not anticipate changes once the order going into effect.

Jim Boyd

GON member had a friend that crossed into SC from GA.

After she get the ticket, she also got turned around and sent back.

I will be at my lease this weekend but not sure I would be crossing any state lines.

I have a doc that clearly states farming, hunting and fishing are exempt.

I am supposed to be in Illinois working on my deer lease this weekend - but as we know, now is not the time.

Be smart and be safe.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
With the stay at home order, can we go hunting 2 hours away?
Yes...go to gohuntga.com see what’s in red, follow all guidelines. Keep distance, no parties more than 10. You qualify? Me too baby! For now anywho