Are Wireless Trail Cameras Fair Chase?

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I know where you’ll be November 26th
Nah, my son is on that streak due to Thanksgiving scheduling. lol. I just get the pic afterwards. lol I can't jinx him being there.

Middle west Georgia Thurs thru Sunday of Thanksgiving has been strong for years.

DAVE

No different than if you see him cross the road in front of your truck going in and you loop around to do it. Or a half mile off with 2 eyes. The camera doesn't have a gun attached to it. Your own skills have to accomplish the feat, regardless. I know where most deer are without seeing them anyway.
I think that would be considered road hunting, at least by me it would be.

XIronheadX

No, driving to another location and choosing a place to set up. Just as you'd have to do if a deer was on a cell cam and you weren't there looking at it.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
P&Y is the old curmudgeon club. Anything they didn’t use in the 60’s isn’t fair chase.

XIronheadX

No wonder you be killing so man turkeys Ironhead!

Hope all is well brother!
You'd be shocked if I told you the last time I pulled a trigger. Or released an arrow. Had a good hatch and left a load with beards walking. Almost got trampled by a herd of turkeys.

Jim Boyd

I am an old timer and use and like trail cameras. I am just starting to get into cellular cams.

I also am a crossbow hunter and am totally unashamed about that.

The day anyone thinks it is easy, put 150” of antler on a buck’s head - then go out there and try to kill him with an arrow.

I find this to be the height of hypocrisy: someone that cries like a schoolgirl about me using a crossbow and then that person turns around and shoots a deer with a centerfire rifle.

Lawd have mercy is all I know to say!!!

buckpasser

I had a tow truck driver tell my FIL he saw a monster buck cross the highway in the headlights headed into one of my blocks. The following afternoon I snuck in, climbed, waited until prime time, then rattled him up and killed him. I didn’t realize at the time that I had committed a “second hand road hunting” violation. I also didn’t realize that it was so easy, but now I know. I’ll burn his rack tomorrow and turn myself in to the DNR. I’ll plead to the court that though I’ve learned my lesson (from GON forum), I ask not that they show any mercy for this heinous crime.

buckpasser

Also, the way my cell cam has been behaving lately I’d have him quartered up and watching football before the pic comes in.

XIronheadX

I think the moral of the story is don't hunt to be listed in some record book. Fulfill your own challenge inside. Go enjoy hunting and the outdoors.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I think the moral of the story is don't hunt to be listed in some record book. Fulfill your own challenge inside. Go enjoy hunting and the outdoors.
Y’all would do a lot better if y’all didn’t tie your boots.
Give them a chance !

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

Very true. See what Fred Bear says about it in my avatar.

The "Club" part of P&Y and B&C pander to the elitist for the most part anyway. I'm not worried about what they think of my buck anyway. I have a couple of p&Y's that I didnt enter and have no desire too.

NCMTNHunter

It would do everyone some good to keep in mind that legal, ethical, and fair chase are three different things. Just because a practice is considered not fair chase by the organization that coined the term doesn’t mean that the practice is not legal or ethical. Or the other way around.