Are You Scared of dieing?

Artfuldodger

As I age, there are things I won`t do anymore, risks that I used to love to take on, that both healthwise and moneywise, that I just don`t think I can afford now. I guess you could call that fear, but I consider it common sense.

I agree, I'd say common sense. I don't skim at the beach anymore. I fell a few years back and it really hurt my wrist. Money enters my mind as well when considering the risk. Common sense made me stop. Well that and my knees.

I don't think those are fears. Although when I swim in the ocean now, I fear sharks and jelly fish. When I was younger, I never did. Maybe wisdom of age brought the fear of the sting to a reality.

Artfuldodger

Do you fear "Death" or do you fear "the pain that can happen in the city"? :)

I do understand what you are getting at. That there may be a difference in the fear of the actual death vs the sting.

I also understand that your faith has give you blessed assurance to not fear death.

Still though, I, as an animal have this instinct to live. True animals have this instinct yet not the process to rationalize their own death.

Yet it all goes hand in hand. I can't completely replace my human fears with my faith in God. It's the same with sinning. I can't quit sinning because I have faith in God. I can't quit being a human animal because of my faith in God.
I can't completely become a spiritual being as long as I'm still a physical being.

There are certain things that stay with me, as a man, even though I have faith in God.

j_seph

I do understand what you are getting at. That there may be a difference in the fear of the actual death vs the sting.

I also understand that your faith has give you blessed assurance to not fear death.

Still though, I, as an animal have this instinct to live. True animals have this instinct yet not the process to rationalize their own death.

Yet it all goes hand in hand. I can't completely replace my human fears with my faith in God. It's the same with sinning. I can't quit sinning because I have faith in God. I can't quit being a human animal because of my faith in God.
I can't completely become a spiritual being as long as I'm still a physical being.

There are certain things that stay with me, as a man, even though I have faith in God.
Always thought about that instinct to live in animals, shoot a deer and that sucker run 2 miles, make that a human and they gonna lay down, holler and go nowhere lol

gemcgrew

I was going through my saved emails this evening and came across this one from my dad. He died March 15, 2018.

Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 08:09:05 -0700
Subject: Weep Not For Me

I think this is outstanding, and hope that you enjoy it.

With love, Dad

"Would you know where I am? I am at home in my Father’s house, the mansion, Jesus prepared for me there. I am where I want to be, where I have often longed and desired to be. I am no longer on a stormy sea, but in a safe and quiet harbor. My working time is done, I am resting! My sowing time is done, I am reaping! My joy is as the joy of harvest!

Would you know how it is with me? I am perfect in holiness; grace is swallowed up in glory.

Would you know what I am doing? I see God; I see Him as He is, not as through a glass darkly, but face to face. The sight is transforming, it makes me like Him! I am in the sweet enjoyment of my blessed Redeemer, whom my soul loved, and for whose sake I was willing to part with all. I am here bathing myself at the spring-head of heavenly pleasures and unutterable joys; and, therefore, weep not for me. I am here singing hallelujahs incessantly to Him who sits upon the throne, and rest not day or night from praising Him!

Would you know what company I have? Blessed company--better than the best on earth; here are holy angels, and the spirits of just men made perfect. I am here with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of God ; with blessed Paul, and Peter, and James, and John, and all the saints. And here I meet with many old acquaintances that I fasted and prayed with, who came here before me.

And lastly, would you consider how long this is to continue? It is a garland that never withers; a crown of glory that never fades away, after millions and millions of ages, it will be as fresh as it is now, therefore, weep not for me!"

Matthew Henry

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
If I really think about it, it's the 'what do I have to do to get there' question! I guess the best that u can hope for is to die in your sleep! (Thanks KR)

When that death thought comes to mind, I think about the buck of a lifetime, bouncing my grands on my lap, the love of my life, and the most perfect Mother that anyone could have! Then I'm reminded that all of these wonderful experiences don't even compare with one moment with Jesus!!! Death for those who believe is Victory! Thanks to Him who paid the debt that I could never afford!!!