ARiel Photos????

Just 1 More

Aerial Photos????

Where can I get the most up to date arials? Terraserve has a good ariel but it was last updated in 1999. The land has had a lot of changes, clear cuts in 2004, re planting of pines in 2000. How can I find updated arials?

Last edited:

Toliver

91147277.jpg

Got this pic of my property from ACME mapper. I don't know how up to date it is though, there's not been any change to this property in many years.

Just 1 More

Thanks for the site but they had the same vintage as Terraserve. Looks like i'll need to rent a plane and fly it ::ke:

Toliver

There's another one that I used to look at.....global something or other. I can't remember the exact name. Do a google search for "aerial pictures" and you should get several names.

CAL

Just,
If I knew for sure what you needed I could get you a map from the Farm Ser.Agency.They are flown every year and crops are measured from them.

marknga

GONetwork Member
try mytopo.com but I'm pretty sure that they all use the same sat photos. I know what you mean. The aerial photos I got this year are from 1998. The property had just been clear cut............most of the roads/logging decks are now gone. Anyway mytopo.com was very easy and very timely to use.

Mark

GrandSlamHunter

Cal,

I know the FSA offices use aerials to measure cropland but do they pay for new flights every year? My experience has been that their maps were similar in age to the ones available on the internet. Best bet would be to hire an aerial photographer to fly it for you. The map he produces is to scale so you can take measurements directly from the map vs. a picture you would take from a plane.

GSH

CAL

They are flown every year.They can even tell what crops are growing in different fields.There is a charge for a 660 map.I can't remember what it is ,not expensive though.
I'm sure they do Madison Co.as any other county.You can find out more from the local FSA.

Just 1 More

Thanks DUke, I have been playing with Terrafly all morning... Got no work done :p
Found my property, just can't get the zoom of the satallite view in close enough.

CAL

Hey Just,
Coming from Columbus today I saw your property.That is a good place to hunt especially if you get some food plots planted to attract the game!The owner across the road has around 800 acres and does not hunt neither does he allow any hunting.All ya have to do is plant some good plots cause he doesn't do any of that.There hasn't been any hunting across the road in years.See ya on the 29th.