Arkansas vs Kansas

greendawg

Did anyone else watch that missed call on that fumble from Matt Landers? It may cost Arkansas the game. He was without a doubt down.

greendawg

Kansas had no time outs. If they don't get that call wrong, Arkansas runs the clock out. I hope the refs lose their job after that. How they got it wrong after the review is beyond belief.

weagle

Kansas had no time outs. If they don't get that call wrong, Arkansas runs the clock out. I hope the refs lose their job after that. How they got it wrong after the review is beyond belief.
After the bad call, Kansas scored 2 touchdowns, recovered an onside kick and scored a 2 point conversion.

That was a bad call, but Arkansas just quit playing. Didn't even try to go down and kick a field goal to keep it from going to overtime.

Crazy.

greendawg

After the bad call, Kansas scored 2 touchdowns, recovered an onside kick and scored a 2 point conversion.

That was a bad call, but Arkansas just quit playing. Didn't even try to go down and kick a field goal to keep it from going to overtime.

Crazy.

None of that happens if they just get it right.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Best I remember.. not that many years ago a team had to have a WINNING record (7-5) or better to even be considered for a bowl game. As of tonight only 3 teams to play a bowl game this year met that criteria. These two did not. You want good bowl games.. force them to change the rules back.

Geffellz18

I left at halftime to take the family and MIL to see Christmas lights in Cornelia & Helen, then back home.
Game was still on! Dang-Must have missed some late goat rodeo action it appears!

weagle

That officiating crew should never call a game above rec flag football.

And as I've said 100 times, the targeting penalty is garbage and ruining the game.

Tight Lines

That officiating crew should never call a game above rec flag football.

And as I've said 100 times, the targeting penalty is garbage and ruining the game.
We've been taught since we put pads on not to lead with our helmets, as it will hurt you or the person you are hitting...

I got a helmet to the knee from an idiot that was targeting. Broke my femur and spent 10 days in traction. I played again in high school but effectively ended my college prospects.

And more than one person is paralyzed from the neck down as a result of doing it.

Not to mention the class action lawsuit against the NFL due to the massive amount of players with concussions that led to suicides, etc. due to CTE.

My son plays rugby, in addition to tackle football the past 8 years, partially because it's a great way to learn how to tackle without pads or a helmet. It teaches great technique.

It's a good penalty, and needs to be enforced every time. if you can't tackle a QB without spearing him with your helmet, you are not a good defender.

I do not agree with the ejection from the game unless it is a clearly intentional act. It should be a 15 yard penalty and first down. Maybe ejected if you have 2 occurrences in a game but I don't agree with the ejection of a player for 4 quarters.

Last edited:

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
I watched it! The fumble was not a fumble very clearly. The refs just going with what’s called on the field to save face. Not interested in right!

Same thing with the targeting that wasn’t really targeting. Also very clear. Glad Arkansas won but those refs won’t be held accountable for it.

weagle

We've been taught since we put pads on not to lead with our helmets, as it will hurt you or the person you are hitting...

I got a helmet to the knee from an idiot that was targeting. Broke my femur and spent 10 days in traction. I played again in high school but effectively ended my college prospects.

And more than one person is paralyzed from the neck down as a result of doing it.

Not to mention the class action lawsuit against the NFL due to the massive amount of players with concussions that led to suicides, etc. due to CTE.

My son plays rugby, partially because it's a great way to learn how to tackle without pads or a helmet. It teaches great technique.

It's a good penalty, and needs to be enforced every time. if you can't tackle a QB without spearing him with your helmet, you are not a good defender.
I'm glad I played when it was grown man football.