Arkansas

JRCHILDS

I Am Planning Ti Go To Arkansas On A Guided Duck Hunt This Year But Have No Idea Which Outfitter To Choose. Can Someone Please Recommend A Few. Thanks

SGaither

This is who I was going to use

I had planned on going to Arkansas myself this year but my good friend who was going as well had a motorcycle accident and being the good guy that I am I'm stayin here this year too and we have decided to go next year. We were talking to the Steve Hess, who runs an outfit called Hooked on Quack. Seemed like a nice guy and pretty reasonable on his prices. His web site is www.hooked-on-quack.com Whomever you decide to book a hunt through, please let me know what kinda service you had and give me a ball park figure, next year we may use them. Thanks and good luck.

sgaither

JDAWG

http://www.bayoudeviewoutfitters.com/

We hunted with him last year

42811285.jpg

Just curious as to how much folks up here in arkansas charge for folks to shoot some ducks?

I mean i got ducks every where on my beaver ponds and i don't really care to duck hunt. heck i have deer stands i can shoot ducks from :shoot:

Hey it might be lucrative for me to let folks shoot them ducks! :D

Smiley

GONetwork Senator District 44
Guide rates

Prices vary depending on where and who you go with and what's included. I know a guide who charges $100 per hunter and if ther are any ducks, he will put you on them(no lodging). Also, know where they charge $500 a day and I'm sure there are even more expensive places out there. Soarkrebel, what kind of ducks are you holding on your beaver swamps? Anyone planning to hunt in Arkansas needs to keep the weather in mind, ecspecially if hunting N. Ark. If the fields freeze up you need to have a backup plan on some running water.

SGaither

SoarkRebel, I can help

I am willing to come to your beaver pond and help rid you of your duck infestation. Just tell me when the ducks are there, give me directions and I'll be on my way. I have family in Memphis that wouldn't mind seeing me so going duck hunting is a good excuse to drop in on them and let them feed me. :bounce:
I wish I had your problem while sitting in a deer stand, well I wouldn't have your problem cause I'd be shootin' at ducks. I do have a similar situation with squirrels, them tree rats are all over me and my stand.

sgaither

OOPSS i forgot to check this one again. :bounce:

I have mallard and wood ducks mostly. I am in south arkansas around white oak lake. the ducks tend to fly to the lake during the day and return in the afternoon. but i have had the suckers make noise all morning in the swamp (as i call it)Actually not that many folks have hunted it in the past years. i had two that hunted it last year and took some ducks.i have a member now that is a big duck hunter. we are planning to build some floating blinds and have them out this winter. i usually won't play in the thing in the summer. it is infested with water moccasins!
by the way i spooked about 30 off my swamps this past weekend. looked to be mallards. kind of early i thought but i wonder if all fly north?
sgaither you never know i may be running some duck operation in the future . you know it's tough keeping a hunting club healthy in the finance dept.

SGaither

SoarkRebel

I understand about club finances, been there done that. If you decide to start allowing people to come to your place to duck hunt (that is if the club allows and if the duck population can handle multiple days of firing) then an idea is to have a couple weekends a month open to those who wanna pay $50 or $100 a weekend to come and hunt the ducks only. If you are serious I'm sure one of the lawyers on the board could help draft some kind of contract or something. Good luck and hope you get the big one this year.

sgaither

Your right you have to be careful when you venture into those things. alot of leases forbid commercial operations.
And plus i really don't want hunting to turn into a money making thing. it's my release from the world. sometimes when you enjoy something and turn it into a business you don't enjoy it anymore! :(

SGaither

you're right

I agree with the money issue. just enjoy the beauty that God has created. those birds are beautiful to watch and listen to and they are great to eat.

bigunga1

:cool: think about it this way,

the more you can bring in from "tresspass fees" is the less the members in the club have to pay next year.....

this type of place is "EXACTLY" the type of place that out of staters are looking for..."myself included".... we dont have time to scout .... we need someone like yourself to do it for us.... and we will shell out what we can afford....

this is nothing more than a unguided hunt for the day or weekend....

this would be a great place to do unguided hunts as long as it is not OVERPRESSURED.....