Armadillo in the day time

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
You could just about enter that one in the "bucking bronc" competition at the local rodeo as it is a fairly nice sized one.

I've got several of them but you never know just when they might show up on camera. Some are fairly large and then you might see a couple that are about half that size. I have never seen any of them in the daytime though.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Dillers move at all hours of the day and night.

They were thick around here for about 10 years or so. Now I seldom see one. Brush wolves (coyotes) eat em and have put a severe hurting on them.

Jim Boyd

I have seen a great many in the daytime.

Many is the “giant buck” that turned into an armadillo once I finally figured out what was walking in the leaves.

Strangle though, I am on 850 acres in the lower part of SC - have had the lease for 10 years now - and I have never seen an armadillo there.

We do have coyotes but they are not overly prevalent.

I know a buzzard will fly past 10 other dead critters to eat a road kill armadillo though.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
I have seen a great many in the daytime.

Many is the “giant buck” that turned into an armadillo once I finally figured out what was walking in the leaves.

Strangle though, I am on 850 acres in the lower part of SC - have had the lease for 10 years now - and I have never seen an armadillo there.

We do have coyotes but they are not overly prevalent.

I know a buzzard will fly past 10 other dead critters to eat a road kill armadillo though.
Armadillo is like filet mignon for a buzzard!!!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
A diller roasted over hardwood coals is not bad eating at all.

Yes, I know about the leprosy thing. I haven`t had any fingers or an ear fall off yet.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My place in SC is covered up with them, absolutely infested. I have never once seen one in the daytime there.

I was walking around in the national forest here in western NC yesterday. I swear I saw an armadillo rooting trail leading down out of the woods to a grassy field. Looked just like the ones I see down in SC.

sb1010

I have seen them in the daytime a couple of times. The ones I saw in the daytime seem to have no fear of me.

TomC

See them frequently during the day. Can walk right up on them. About 3 years ago use to be covered up with them on our club just south of Atlanta. Not so much anymore. Big drop in numbers, makes me wonder if coyotes aren't the reason??? Probably an easy meal.

bullgator

A diller roasted over hardwood coals is not bad eating at all.

Yes, I know about the leprosy thing. I haven`t had any fingers or an ear fall off yet.
Never ate one myself but I’ve heard from others that have than when you sweat the next day it’s a nasty oily sweat.