Army corps hunting

hunter rich

Did anybody here get to hunt the corps land in Cobb this past weekend? I am going to try to get there this weekend.

UGAalum13

HR,

I didn't hunt it, and I haven't lived in the Atlanta area that long. A friend of mine has told me about it and said that I should look in to getting a license to hunt Army COE property. I just can't seem to find any info on the internet about it. How do I go about getting permission to hunt it? Is it too late for this season? :huh:

Thanks,
Bo

GIGLM9

I hunted there with two buddies Saturday morning. They sat in a hardwood bottom and I sat along a creek bank near some muscadines. None of us saw a deer but I did have a coyote come by my stand twice. Wish they would let us shoot those things. In one of the trees my buddy was sitting I saw 8 deer opening morning last year including a small 4 pointer that I let walk. Seems the deer are moving pretty good in the afternoon out there based on my scouting trips. Too bad we can't hunt the afternoon until November.

Meriwether Mike

I always saw more deer out there in the afternoons as well. I need to get over there and do some scouting and find me an area to hunt. Maybe one evening this week or next.

hunter rich

I had to work and catch up on my honey do list this past weekend. I am going to try to get out there Fri after work, I get off at 3:30 on fri, and I work in Powder Springs so maybe I can get some scouting done then. A girl at work said her father in law poked a fat doe out ther this weekend. I wish they had a cield dressing area out there, it will be a pain to find a place to do that, maybe I will see if my processor will do the honors..?? :huh:

Lostoutlaw

Hunter rich who do u use out that way? my son in law uses one in paulding co. and I have to admit they do a super fine job plus u get all ur meat.

hunter rich

I try to get to West Georgia Deer Cooler in Hiram. They do great work, They package and label your meat just like it came from the grocery store-styrafoam traysw/plastic tightly wrapped and labeled w/type of cut and weight. They don't charge much either.