ARS out of Port Canaveral.

pottydoc

I spent Saturday and today taking part in Florida’s 5 whole days ARS season. Got our limit of eight both days. It took us longer to run out to our numbers and back in, than it did to catch the fish. And we released any of them less than five pounds. And were were in a pretty fast boat (40 kt cruise). Our fish were between 8-18 lbs. Both the GOM and South Atlantic seasons and bag limits are ignorant. Still, two beautiful days on the water, and some good eats in the freezer. Gonna get another shot at them next Saturday.

flatsmaster

My son in law and daughter where out there just north of you ... they rolled out of Ponce .. got theres on Sat and decided to run N on Sun thinking there'd be less boats and there were but still plenty compared to regular days out there ...at least great weather for the few crappy days you get to chase them .... I heard boat ramps were crazy !!! Glad y'all got yours and back in safe !! IMG_6001.JPGIMG_6002.JPGIMG_6003.JPG

pottydoc

The one in the last pic is a pig. :)

The boat I fished out of lives on a lift behind my cousins house, so we didn’t have to deal with the ramp follies, just going through the locks on the way in and out. The ramp was a disaster when we rolled by it coming through the Port, thoiugh.