Assistants needed

I’m looking for 4 to 5 burly individuals to assist me in the clipping of my Catahoula/pitbull’s toenails. I am fully willing to cover all medical expenses incurred by this endeavor but it would be helpful if said volunteers had their own medical coverage. A background in college and or Greco-Roman wrestling would also be most helpful. Will supply full-body chain mail garments along with a small shark cage. Adequate compensation will be provided for the right individuals along with a possible hazardous duty bonus. Please provide resume including body measurments and full background info.
The dog is normally quite docile and downright people friendly up until someone attempts to cut his toenails. He then will go into a near-psychotic frenzy (which is actually quite funny to watch!) until the attempt to cut his nails ceases.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I’m looking for 4 to 5 burly individuals to assist me in the clipping of my Catahoula/pitbull’s toenails. I am fully willing to cover all medical expenses incurred by this endeavor but it would be helpful if said volunteers had their own medical coverage. A background in college and or Greco-Roman wrestling would also be most helpful. Will supply full-body chain mail garments along with a small shark cage. Adequate compensation will be provided for the right individuals along with a possible hazardous duty bonus. Please provide resume including body measurments and full background info.
The dog is normally quite docile and downright people friendly up until someone attempts to cut his toenails. He then will go into a near-psychotic frenzy (which is actually quite funny to watch!) until the attempt to cut his nails ceases.
I'm In. Can I bring my own "doggie treats"?

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
As reference, this is one of the pups I raised on his 1st birthday (the one on the left).

Chaos & the ex.jpg

In the words of Roy Mercer: 'so just how big a boy are ya?' This dog may not be quite as big as that Rottie but I assure you-he is every bit as strong if not more so!

GeorgiaGlockMan

^lol

after having a big dog. I now have 4 dogs who weigh 20-30 lbs less as a combined total of 70 lb American pit, 20 lb mini-pin and 2x9 lb Maltese/cavalier mixes.

Id tell Roy D that I am 230 lbs of blue, twisted steel but I am "out" on any toe nail clippings on a big dog. They are scary strong and well...a feller's likely to get hurt.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I aint't volunteering anything but advice. Get yourself a headgate sized appropriately and install it in a rugged chute. Introduce the dog into the end of the chute and entice his head through the gate with about a 5lb piece of Rib-eye, Porter house, or other suitable dainty. Secure the headgate about the dog's neck and increase the enticement to 10 to 15 lbs as needed to take his attention away from his feet.

At this point, insert a sturdy board, 2x8 to 2x12 depending on the width of the dog, lengthwise between the dog's legs and provide enough lift on the board to raise his feet just off the ground. Secure the board in this position with ropes passing over the sides of the chute.

You can now begin trimming nails while only having to wrestle with one leg at a time. The leg to be worked on can be secured with a pigging string tied to the side of the chute as necessary.

After working on each foot, check for the need to offer additional enticement for the dog. On a dumb dog this setup will work in perpetuity. On a smart dog this setup will work once. Call again for instructions on the second clipping for smart dogs. This advice is free but there will be a substantial charge for the instructions for the second clittping.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Im not in!

I have a 22lb. fiest that has 4 dew claws. The back ones always need trimming. She figured out she cant stop me from doing it. But she also knows I cant stop her from nawing on me while im at it.

hawkeye123

If you can get him to fetch, do what I do , toss bumper up driveway 3-4 times a week
, my labs run up & down driveway 10-20 times a night , keeps nails real short, never have to worry bout trimming!

If you can get him to fetch, do what I do , toss bumper up driveway 3-4 times a week
, my labs run up & down driveway 10-20 times a night , keeps nails real short, never have to worry bout trimming!

I used to try doing that but now he tends to want to run off. He has always come back-sometimes after several hours but it makes the better half freak out as she is about as attached to him as I am.

We have tried holding him down but we're not near big enough (I'm 5'6'"and 260-HAH!) or strong enough and the wife is on heavy heart meds and tends to bruise and bleed very easily. We get enough stern looks as it is when out in public.

Ill clip yours and you do my chihuahua....deal

Not no but heck no! Them little fellers are too quick and tend to eat me up!

Last edited by a moderator:

specialk

my little spawn of satan has to be sedated for the vet to clip'em.....

ucfireman

I used to use a Dremel with a sanding disc. Mine would fight like crazy with the clippers but would tolerate the Dremel. Plus if you go too far and get blood its less dramatic than if you crush the nail while clipping.
Those big dogs have thick nails too and the Dremel works well for those.
I would put them on a table too, some reason being up high they would stand a little more still than being on the ground, maybe a tailgate.
I also put a Diabetic sock over one of mines head, she couldn't see to bite me that way.
But these were 15-40lb rat terriers.
Good luck

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I used to try doing that but now he tends to want to run off. He has always come back-sometimes after several hours but it makes the better half freak out as she is about as attached to him as I am.

We have tried holding him down but we're not near big enough (I'm 5'6'"and 260-HAH!) or strong enough and the wife is on heavy heart meds and tends to bruise and bleed very easily. We get enough stern looks as it is when out in public.
Put him on a leash and run up and down the driveway with him ?