Atheist Church

Artfuldodger

I guess because I’m not an atheist I don’t understand where their moral compass comes from. People are not basically good. So I don’t get where their standard for behavior originates. If atheists believe the world is ruled by these cold and impersonal forces then where does love come into the picture for instance? I’m of the opinion that most atheists who say they are conservatives are not truly atheists. They just want to be.
What about conservative lesbians? Are they really lesbians? I know a couple that are very conservative, very Christian, and very pro-Trump.

I wonder if they've just found comfort among Christians and Conservatives and they maybe are really Liberals in denial.

Artfuldodger

I guess because I’m not an atheist I don’t understand where their moral compass comes from. People are not basically good. So I don’t get where their standard for behavior originates. If atheists believe the world is ruled by these cold and impersonal forces then where does love come into the picture for instance? I’m of the opinion that most atheists who say they are conservatives are not truly atheists. They just want to be.
I guess maybe by living in a Christian nation they adapted Christian morals and values. Our God gave us our righteousness but it didn't work, thus he gave us a way out by Jesus being that righteousness for us. Seems like our God given morals were just to show us we ain't no good.

On the other hand in a Hindu nation, their god or god's gave them their morals and values. Perhaps just believing in a God or gods or a nation that mostly believes in a God or gods, gives one their morals and values.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I guess maybe by living in a Christian nation they adapted Christian morals and values. Our God gave us our righteousness but it didn't work, thus he gave us a way out by Jesus being that righteousness for us. Seems like our God given morals were just to show us we ain't no good.

On the other hand in a Hindu nation, their god or god's gave them their morals and values. Perhaps just believing in a God or gods or a nation that mostly believes in a God or gods, gives one their morals and values.
You and I disagree on America being a Christian nation. In name only. Look around.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
What about conservative lesbians? Are they really lesbians? I know a couple that are very conservative, very Christian, and very pro-Trump.

I wonder if they've just found comfort among Christians and Conservatives and they maybe are really Liberals in denial.
Apples and airplanes.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
You are looking at it from a perspective of already being a Christian when Christianity was not the first religion and morals were in existence long before Christianity. Christianity evolved from earlier religions so it hardly has the market cornered on moral originality.
Morals evolved as humans did.
All animals have care and compassion, just different levels. They worship nothing.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
You are looking at it from a perspective of already being a Christian when Christianity was not the first religion and morals were in existence long before Christianity. Christianity evolved from earlier religions so it hardly has the market cornered on moral originality.
Morals evolved as humans did.
All animals have care and compassion, just different levels. They worship nothing.
I love when atheists assume they are more educated just because they run from God or deny his existence. Nothing particularly intelligent about that.

Animals eat their own young to a degree that it it’s far from uncommon. And don’t kid yourself. Everyone worships something. A lot of atheists I’ve known seem to worship themselves or rather the way they see themselves versus the way they actually are.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
You know this from reading an article?
I know this from reading many articles over many years written by people who lived among them.
I take it that you read the bible and articles also correct?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I love when atheists assume they are more educated just because they run from God or deny his existence. Nothing particularly intelligent about that.

Animals eat their own young to a degree that it it’s far from uncommon. And don’t kid yourself. Everyone worships something. A lot of atheists I’ve known seem to worship themselves or rather the way they see themselves versus the way they actually are.
I love Chocolate Marshmallow Ice Cream...
What does you "loving when Atheists "you presume they are doing something" have to do with this conversation?
Unless are you suggesting that I am an atheist and I am your example??

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I know this from reading many articles over many years written by people who lived among them.
I take it that you read the bible and articles also correct?
Yep. Just trying to figure out if such a fixed opinion was from reading an article on the internet. Atheists mock Christians for putting our faith in an “old book of stories” yet they have blind faith in things they read on the internet. That never fails to crack me up.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I love Chocolate Marshmallow Ice Cream...
What does you "loving when Atheists "do something have to do with this conversation?
Unless are you suggesting that I am an atheist and I am your example??
Are you not an atheist? And you’re one example. Not THE example.?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Yep. Just trying to figure out if such a fixed opinion was from reading an article on the internet. Atheists mock Christians for putting our faith in an “old book of stories” yet they have blind faith in things they read on the internet. That never fails to crack me up.
And you got your answer that it is not a fixed opinion from reading one article. I have taken time to research whatever I could find out about that tribe over a few years.
Since we are on a whats cracks us ip admittance, it cracks me up when people argue about something they never heard about before and also make assumptions without knowing anything about the subject or person.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Nope, not an Atheist.
Not Religious
Vote 99% Republican.
Pro gun
Pro Hunting
NRA member
Pretty much like most in here but I can admit that if there is a god or gods I certainly have no clue if any exist, which one may be better than the next or admit that based off of the complexity of something worthy of being called god is too complex for me to understand anyway.
If a god wants me know it/him then a god would certainly know how to make that happen.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
And you got your answer that it is not a fixed opinion from reading one article. I have taken time to research whatever I could find out about that tribe over a few years.
Since we are on a whats cracks us ip admittance, it cracks me up when people argue about something they never heard about before and also make assumptions without knowing anything about the subject or person.
Sounds like you’re mad rather than cracking up. We’ll have to continue this later, Bob. I’m reading in the deer hunting forum and frankly it’s just a lot more interesting than your tribe of happy Godless people.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
And since I am not an Atheist, I cannot be an example of what you are trying so hard to pass off as truthful.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Sounds like you’re mad rather than cracking up. We’ll have to continue this later, Bob. I’m reading in the deer hunting forum and frankly it’s just a lot more interesting than your tribe of happy Godless people.
Hey, I don't blame you for bowing out. Ya gotta stick to topics you (maybe) know about. Inspector Callahan mentioned something about a man knowing his limitations

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Hey, I don't blame you for bowing out. Ya gotta stick to topics you (maybe) know about. Inspector Callahan mentioned something about a man knowing his limitations
Yeah that’s it. You’re just too smart.?