Attractant Scents while bear hunting

Thread starter #1
Has anyone ever used attractant scent and had success while bear hunting? I was told they are legal as long as they aren’t edible. Looking to try a bear hunt on public this fall and looking to see if I should try this strategy or not

I’m no expert, but I thought attractants/accents/baits were illegal while hunting bear.

That being said I met a local John’s mountain resident that gave me the names of three scents and baits that, and I quote, “use every season and always kill my two”
I think it’s illegal and her might Be hunting private. When I mentioned the legalities, or questioned it, our conversation stopped abruptly

Thread starter #3
I’m no expert, but I thought attractants/accents/baits were illegal while hunting bear.

That being said I met a local John’s mountain resident that gave me the names of three scents and baits that, and I quote, “use every season and always kill my two”
I think it’s illegal and her might Be hunting private. When I mentioned the legalities, or questioned it, our conversation stopped abruptly
I called a DNR officer to get confirmation. He said that as long as it isn’t editable then I should be ok. It is the same principle as deer urine. He is calling me back, he is checking with a senior DNR officer to let me know if it’s legal or not

I called a DNR officer to get confirmation. He said that as long as it isn’t editable then I should be ok. It is the same principle as deer urine. He is calling me back, he is checking with a senior DNR officer to let me know if it’s legal or not
I guess finding a scent that is strong enough to attract a bear and that is not edible is on the off season to-do list. Thanks!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
Rub you a Krispy Kreme on your neck on the way in.
That's Boone and Crockett technique right there.

The Beaver castor is interesting....