Attractant Scents while bear hunting

Has anyone ever used attractant scent and had success while bear hunting? I was told they are legal as long as they aren’t edible. Looking to try a bear hunt on public this fall and looking to see if I should try this strategy or not

splatek

UAEC
I’m no expert, but I thought attractants/accents/baits were illegal while hunting bear.

That being said I met a local John’s mountain resident that gave me the names of three scents and baits that, and I quote, “use every season and always kill my two”
I think it’s illegal and her might Be hunting private. When I mentioned the legalities, or questioned it, our conversation stopped abruptly

I’m no expert, but I thought attractants/accents/baits were illegal while hunting bear.

That being said I met a local John’s mountain resident that gave me the names of three scents and baits that, and I quote, “use every season and always kill my two”
I think it’s illegal and her might Be hunting private. When I mentioned the legalities, or questioned it, our conversation stopped abruptly
I called a DNR officer to get confirmation. He said that as long as it isn’t editable then I should be ok. It is the same principle as deer urine. He is calling me back, he is checking with a senior DNR officer to let me know if it’s legal or not

splatek

UAEC
I called a DNR officer to get confirmation. He said that as long as it isn’t editable then I should be ok. It is the same principle as deer urine. He is calling me back, he is checking with a senior DNR officer to let me know if it’s legal or not

I guess finding a scent that is strong enough to attract a bear and that is not edible is on the off season to-do list. Thanks!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Rub you a Krispy Kreme on your neck on the way in.

That's Boone and Crockett technique right there.

The Beaver castor is interesting....

Geno67

Anise oil, pure vanilla extract and water. 3 to 1 anise to vanilla, 3 to 1 oil/extract mixture to water. Put in spray bottle. Spray on everything.