Average deer per sit for you?

drew10uga

About how many deer do you see per sit when you're on public land? Also, what general area are you hunting (NW, SW, Middle, etc). I've been hunting pretty hard this year and in 9 times in the stand I've seen 10 deer (all does) and killed 1. This is about average for me and I mostly hunt Clybel, Redlands, Pine Log and McGraw Ford due to proximity. Just curious how it is for everyone else.

Good luck this weekend, I'll be at Big Lazer in the AM and Blanton Creek in the PM to do some scouting/hunting for the quota hunt the following week.

Aburgess95

I have sat in a blind 5 times this year so far and have only seen 1. So I would say you are doing pretty well.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Northeast Ga.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Middle Georgia. National forest. Sightings not regular at all.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Not to derail your thread but, I remember hunting Talbot co in the 80's and early 90's and you had to be asleep to not see deer! They were small but they were everywhere!
Not much bigger than a coose deer.

drew10uga

Thanks for the feedback. Had a tough end of the year last year with 6 straight shutouts so I was curious how others fair. Good luck this weekend.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
At my place I see anywhere from 0 to 10 or so. I rarely hunt a full day without seeing at least one but does are usually more prevelant but I have been out twice with the muzzleloader and have seen 2 bucks and 1 doe. One of the bucks was a spike. He looked tasty but not big enough yet. Maybe by December......

oldfella1962

Thanks for the feedback. Had a tough end of the year last year with 6 straight shutouts so I was curious how others fair. Good luck this weekend.

I'm on about five shutouts this year myself. The past couple of years started out like this but things generally pick up soon. Hopefully they won't show up in a big group of ten or so because there's always a set of eyes on you when that happens. And since I hunt from the ground if any fawns are in the group walking ahead of the moms they will pick me off immediately! :mad: They are cute little devils so I can't stay mad at them, I only wish I had them on video.

Taco4x4

South close to you and at least one every hunt. I do a lot of leg work before I ever hunt and it pays off most of the time. Let a 2.5 year old eight walk last week at 15 yards. I call it catch and release of deer hunting. Looking forward to this weekend. Found a new spot that is eat up with sign. Just hope no one else found it yet.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
The public land I hunt I usually at least see a couple , usually does or small bucks but I get a good one every now and then , West Ga

Full Draw McGraw

I think in recent years i've been averaging a little better than 1 per sit.
Last year was tough, i saw only 8 in 12+ sits not counting those i saw/ jumped walking in and out. I did kill my biggest buck to date last year so that made me feel a whole lot better about it.

D

Deleted member 35556

Redlands only this year. I’ve had a couple of deer on some sits, a bunch of zero deer sits. I’m prolly averaging a deer every other sit. But I did tag one yesterday on the Redlands.

Attachments

• 25386433-9D9B-40A0-989A-F2D253131195.jpeg
    25386433-9D9B-40A0-989A-F2D253131195.jpeg
    614.4 KB · Views: 23