B.A.S.S.

James12

Is BASS now weighing fish in the Boat? I guess I missed that as I’ve not watched Bass Live this year.. Lee Livesay apparently has a 42lb bag on Lake Fork.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Is BASS now weighing fish in the Boat? I guess I missed that as I’ve not watched Bass Live this year.. Lee Livesay apparently has a 42lb bag on Lake Fork.
Just on Lake Fork in Texas (there may be others, but not on B.A.S.S. schedule this year). That's the rules on that lake for tourneys, you're only allowed to bring in one fish over 24 inches for the show.. all others are weighed in the boat by a marshal and released.

James12

Just on Lake Fork in Texas (there may be others, but not on B.A.S.S. schedule this year). That's the rules on that lake for tourneys, you're only allowed to bring in one fish over 24 inches for the show.. all others are weighed in the boat by a marshal and released.

So I suppose the one you bring in will be what they weigh for “the unknown”... thanks for the info!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
So I suppose the one you bring in will be what they weigh for “the unknown”... thanks for the info!
No.. it's already recorded as with the others. Bringing it in is just to verify it for big bass... and to show off.

James12

Oddly enough, saw pics from MLF today where they’re toting sacks off the water - hmmm. Isn’t weigh-n-release their motto?

Attachments

• 724C793B-838E-41C1-9A89-17F991D245F1.png
    724C793B-838E-41C1-9A89-17F991D245F1.png
    580.3 KB · Views: 63
  • B5034B2E-372B-42BB-B21D-3B82869A3140.png
    B5034B2E-372B-42BB-B21D-3B82869A3140.png
    867.1 KB · Views: 63

James12

I think you’re going to see more guys come back over to BASS in 22’. I know it’s money and many support MLF (or opposed BASS for some things important to the anglers), but many have slipped into no-mans land and you don’t see or hear of them now like before. BASS made and is making some changes still with fish care, schedules etc.

I think Ike, KVD and others may ask to come back.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
They'll have to earn their way back in by winning in the opens, like Swindle and the other's that have made it back already.

James12

Swindle, Hackney and Palunik got in on an exemption, I do believe. Past AOY’s.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Swindle, Hackney and Palunik got in on an exemption, I do believe. Past AOY’s.
They spent last year fish'n the opens, past AOYs may have helped put them ahead of others that should have the spot tho.

James12

Most got in via the Legend status/points, or whatever BASS is calling it. It is what it is, seemingly unfair to some as someone gets left out. But it’s a business too, and BASS is better with those guys back.

across the river

I think you’re going to see more guys come back over to BASS in 22’. I know it’s money and many support MLF (or opposed BASS for some things important to the anglers), but many have slipped into no-mans land and you don’t see or hear of them now like before. BASS made and is making some changes still with fish care, schedules etc.

I think Ike, KVD and others may ask to come back.

Ike, KVD, and others aren't good at the every fish format, which is why they haven't done well. Jacob Wheeler, DeFoe, and other are. I would expect each to end up where they fell they can make the most money.

ghadarits

I like the weigh and release style format. Its hart breaking to see all the dead fish dumped back in the water after a bring em to the scale tournament. It bothered me enough to stop fishing in Derby's. There is a reason Texas is the leader in fisheries management. The results speak for themselves.

o2bfishin

Ike, KVD, and others aren't good at the every fish format, which is why they haven't done well. Jacob Wheeler, DeFoe, and other are. I would expect each to end up where they fell they can make the most money.

KVD dominated MLF in its early days. Back when there was zero practice and they didnt know what lake they were fishing until arrival. Now he's back in the winners circle in the new format!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1623272357954.jpg
    FB_IMG_1623272357954.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 7

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole in SW Ga has plenty bass tournaments of sorts. Have noticed one problem. The small connecting lake I live on connects the Seminole. We have a carp gate east and south of us that's suppose to keep grass carp in. Don't appear to be operating now. But, as tournaments take bass from our area for weigh in's. We're seeing less bass in our water. We see less bass of any size cruising by the dock. And if bass fishing we catch less than ever before. Also noticed practice fishermen catch and release buck bass that were on bed. Once released, none came back to the beds at our dock. Tournaments may be great for local economies, but has a down side when it comes to fish numbers remaining and/or surviving. The grass carp program at Lake Seminole has caused panfishing to suffer within those gates. How do I know? Because I've fished the lake since 1985, and our water used to be some of the best fishing around the lake.

across the river

KVD dominated MLF in its early days. Back when there was zero practice and they didnt know what lake they were fishing until arrival. Now he's back in the winners circle in the new format!

I'm wasn't in any way knocking him or saying he isn't a great angler. He success with the Cup events early on was in the early days the had 10 guys or whatever the numbers were fishing the cups. Once it expanded, he wasn't as dominant as he had been in the 5 fish format for many years, and he was absolutely dominant there for a while in BASS. I'm glad he just won this recent tournament, I really am. My point was, he was one that would sit in one spot for hours waiting for it to turn on and catch a handful and win. It is a different game trying to catch five big ones verses catching 100 that weigh a pound. Some have adjusted, as he appears to have done, and others haven't, which is why they are going back. Not saying one is better than the other, just that it is different.

James12

I'm wasn't in any way knocking him or saying he isn't a great angler. He success with the Cup events early on was in the early days the had 10 guys or whatever the numbers were fishing the cups. Once it expanded, he wasn't as dominant as he had been in the 5 fish format for many years, and he was absolutely dominant there for a while in BASS. I'm glad he just won this recent tournament, I really am. My point was, he was one that would sit in one spot for hours waiting for it to turn on and catch a handful and win. It is a different game trying to catch five big ones verses catching 100 that weigh a pound. Some have adjusted, as he appears to have done, and others haven't, which is why they are going back. Not saying one is better than the other, just that it is different.

……they’re going back because BASS has made some changes to scheduling and logistical things that contributed to the mass exodus. I’m sure many miss the 5 fish format too.

across the river

……they’re going back because BASS has made some changes to scheduling and logistical things that contributed to the mass exodus. I’m sure many miss the 5 fish format too.

Again, each angler is going to do what is best for them. Not everyone is going to leave. Not everyone is going to stay. Some like the 5 fish format, some like to weigh every fish. Some are better at one format, some are better at the other. Some will stay will MLF, some will go to BASS. I don't' see the big deal one way or the other. Similarly, some fans like MLF, some prefers BASS. To each his own. Who cares one way or another. I don't understand why so many of the weekend warrior guys have such a big problem with MLF. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Both seem to be managing financially, so in my mind two separate leagues and multiple options is better than one.