B.O.S.S broadheads, a different type of head.

longbowdave1

I have had my issues with losing turkeys shot with a bow. My brother also suffers from this disorder. This fall my friend John offered up a different type of head for my brother to try. They are made in Michigan by All-Blade archery, called B.O.S.S. or blade over shaft stainless. They come in a 6 pack for 19.99$ The four blade only weigh 10 grams and are designed to be shot using field tips for the cutting factor and the stainless teeth for ripping action. More blunt for trauma than cutting action.

They have there advantages. Practice with field points and the fly the same, no need to sharpen, and there are tough as heck. Show them shot through plywood with little or no damage. And 3$ a piece is very inexpensive as well. The owner says they have had great success on birds and put big holes in large game as well, some pics on there web site. He also said they have had good reviews from the longbow and recurve shooters using the small 4 blade ones, still a 1 1/2" cutting diameter.

I ordered a a pack primarily for turkeys, but after some reading, I will try them on deer. They arrived in 4 days. The teeth are comparable to the sharpness on a steak knife. I planned on putting a hex head blunt up front for turkeys. They could also be added behind your favorite 2 blade traditional head.

My brother did shoot a turkey this fall. Just the four blade with a standard field point up front. Pushed through the bird with a loud whack, and dropped him like a stone! First turkey he harvested with a bow.

We are supposed to have 40 degree temps this Saturday. I may head out all day and hopefully let one loose. I still have deer and turkey tags to fill, and there are alwaysAll Blade 2.jpgAll Blade 3.jpgAll Blade 4.jpgAll Blade 1.jpg tree rats that need shooting.

Dennis

I think just a plain 2 blade broadhead would be best for penetration and as always shot placement with adequate penetration is all that's needed. Lots of guys use a string tracker also to help find the bird