Back in the single shot game

pacecars

It has been a while since I sold my Contenders and Encores and concentrated on revolvers but it appears I have jumped back into the single shot pistol game with both feet and forgot how deep the water was! I think I have most things covered from deer to Elephants with my recent acquisitions. I have an Eabco BF falling block pistol in 6.5 BRM (.30-30 necked to 6.5mm and improved) which has been used on deer to Elk, a T/C contender frame with a 12” Gary Reeder barrel in .257 Raptor (.204 necked up to .257) which is primarily a deer and varmint round and for the big stuff a 14” T/C Custom Shop barrel in .375 JDJ. All three have or will have a 2x6 powered scope on them. I am looking at maybe also getting a .223 barrel from SSK with a 1:7 twist since they have a stainless 14” barrel with mounts in stock which makes it around $300 cheaper than a custom barrel. Should I grab the .223 or just use light bullets in the .257 Raptor?

rosewood

The .223 is probably the most enjoyable barrel to shoot.

Rosewood

pacecars

I am going to try to resist a little more. I am going to stop buying and put the money away to plan for an African handgun hunt in 2025

GregoryB.

Now I need to buy some reloading supplies and get out my 14 inch 223 barrel . Got it with the gun as a spare barrel 10 years ago and have never installed it.

rosewood

Now I need to buy some reloading supplies and get out my 14 inch 223 barrel . Got it with the gun as a spare barrel 10 years ago and have never installed it.
You will love it. I recommend H322 powder, less muzzle blast than H335 and you actually get more velocity with a 45 grain bullet even though it is a faster powder. Mine will do 1/2 MOA if I can hold it steady.

Rosewood

GregoryB.

You will love it. I recommend H322 powder, less muzzle blast than H335 and you actually get more velocity with a 45 grain bullet even though it is a faster powder. Mine will do 1/2 MOA if I can hold it steady.

Rosewood
Thanks for the info. We give that powder a shot when I set my bench back up next month.

pacecars

Here is the Eabco BF Stanfard Hunting Pistol in 6.5 BRM after I mounted the Bushnell Trophy 2x6 scope

pacecars

They remind me of my first Contender in the 80’s

pacecars

Working on a nice little collection now. I now have a T/C Contender easy open frame with a .375 JDJ barrel, .257 Raptor barrel and a .22 Magnum barrel on the way. I think I need a .45/.410 vent rib barrel to round out the collection

pacecars

Well I just added a 14” SSK barrel in .250 Savage to the collection

rosewood

Well I just added a 14” SSK barrel in .250 Savage to the collection
Got a buddy that has a MGM rifle length he has had for 20 years, he wants me to cerakote it for him in next week or so. Says he has never shot it. His is stamped .250-3000.

Rosewood