Back yard chickens.

Redbow

I might wish I had a few Chickens before this virus mess is over. I used to work with a man his Mother used Pea Fowl Guinea eggs for baking pies and cakes..I saw a guy cook and eat part of an Ostrich egg on a tv survival show in Africa a few years ago. If I remember correctly an Ostrich egg equals about 2 dozen chicken eggs in size..

Cmp1

BANNED
Don't forget geese! Had a white goose that laid an egg a day. Used to eat TWO of those suckers fried in wild hog bacon grease every morning for breakfast! That was BC - before cholesterol.
Was your goose friendly?

oldguy

Was your goose friendly?
Friendly as a dog! Liked to be petted. I'd go out and sit down in the chicken yard (relaxing after work) and she'd come get in my lap and sit there making little contended sounds while I stroked her. She also liked to be picked up upside down! Toes pointing up at the sky, neck stretched full length pointing down at the ground. If you tried to ignore her while sitting out in the yard she'd bite the tar out of you! Demanding little hussy she was.

Cmp1

BANNED
Friendly as a dog! Liked to be petted. I'd go out and sit down in the chicken yard (relaxing after work) and she'd come get in my lap and sit there making little contended sounds while I stroked her. She also liked to be picked up upside down! Toes pointing up at the sky, neck stretched full length pointing down at the ground. If you tried to ignore her while sitting out in the yard she'd bite the tar out of you! Demanding little hussy she was.
We want a couple,have two ducks to go with our yardbird's,,,,

Sounds like you had a great goose,,,,

I'd love to do turkey's too,wife won't let me slaughter them,,,,