Background/History

Double Barrel BB

2 Samuel 6:16
And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart

PWalls

2 SAM 6:16
That whole passage is actually showing the sins of the wife and not David. He was rejoicing in the Lord. She was more worried about his and her dignity. I believe that she is punished shortly thereafter.

Don't get me wrong. I will clap my hands during a song and I will support the preacher during his message every once in a while with a heartfelt amen. I don't see the need for me to start dancing in aisles though.

StriperAddict

PWalls said:
2 SAM 6:16
That whole passage is actually showing the sins of the wife and not David. He was rejoicing in the Lord. She was more worried about his and her dignity. I believe that she is punished shortly thereafter.

Don't get me wrong. I will clap my hands during a song and I will support the preacher during his message every once in a while with a heartfelt amen. I don't see the need for me to start dancing in aisles though.

My note was meant more for humor than a rebuke, and I'm sure you know that.
Nevertheless, when rejoicing comes up in and through the heart of any believer, let no person despise !!

:)

PWalls

StriperAddict said:
Nevertheless, when rejoicing comes up in and through the heart of any believer, let no person despise !!

I will go along with that for sure.

My only caution is that if a person is not careful, that leads to self-edification and not glorification. If you are up there doing your thing so other people notice you, then you are up there for the wrong reason.

Kinda like speaking in tongues. ::ke: ::ke: (ya'll don't flame me to bad)

StriperAddict

PWalls said:
I will go along with that for sure.

My only caution is that if a person is not careful, that leads to self-edification and not glorification. If you are up there doing your thing so other people notice you, then you are up there for the wrong reason.

Kinda like speaking in tongues. ::ke: ::ke: (ya'll don't flame me to bad)

Agreed also

Them pentecostals don't like me either 'cause I don't have the "tongues" :p ,
but then, as you imply, if I (we) go by what man's opnion is of what's right, we miss the true "walk in the Spirit".

( I happen to love P'costal services, worship & most preaching, though I don't agree on everything. Just to clarify :) )

SBG

Howlaaaaaaylooooooyah! I'm getting my praise on.

I need a barfing smilie.:p

StriperAddict

SBG said:
Howlaaaaaaylooooooyah! I'm getting my praise on.

I need a barfing smilie.:p

:whip: :whip: