Bad Camping Neighbors

Fishin & Hunting

Every year I take my son at first, now the grandkids fishing during spring break to one of the public Lake West Point campgrounds. Never had problem with bad nieghbors. We always are in a tent camping and notice that out of the 150 campsites, there are usually only three tent campers. What is funny is all the metal tent campers that will walk around and stop by and talk to out metal tent campers (RV's). And never stop by to say hello to us real tent campers.

BassRaider

We used to tent camp at Whitetail on WP. We usually had 3-4 sites together with our boats. Used the power/water sites that we could use to take care coffee maker, hot plate, fans/heater, and for charging battery. Would string party lights so we could find our sites at night while fishing. The wives would handle all the cooking while the guys fished all day and some nights.
Also used to tent camp on the islands at LL. Would get there early to claim a beach cove and spread our boats apart to discourage visitors. Always let the dogs run loose to play.
Now if we camp, it's in a house or condo on the beach.

T-N-T

Every year I take my son at first, now the grandkids fishing during spring break to one of the public Lake West Point campgrounds. Never had problem with bad nieghbors. We always are in a tent camping and notice that out of the 150 campsites, there are usually only three tent campers. What is funny is all the metal tent campers that will walk around and stop by and talk to out metal tent campers (RV's). And never stop by to say hello to us real tent campers.
I guess I will make more efforts to talk to the peasants next trip. Lol. Just kidding.

I actually find at most campgrounds the tents are separated to an out of the way area and I just never walk by them.