Bad Clubs - How do I warn others? And I have a legal question.

gat78

How do I warn other people away from a club? Not as a vindictive move, but honestly. I won't mention the club here, but this was my 2nd season in the club and the Pres & VP were up to shady dealings. Such as:
1.) After talking to other club members, they were charging us all different dues. Sometimes with a $250 difference.
2.) Collecting cash at various times when different members were around for putting down gravel, but the gravel never came. And I am talking about members giving $200 or more for this gravel, on the spot because they trusted these guys.
3.) One member got kicked out because he refused to take his buck to the Pres' taxidermy shop.
4.) The Pres admitted to one of my guys he turned some of our members into the Game Warden for baiting or "enticement" (kids hunting during bow season had literally 3 pears on them), then come to find out he's getting $100 for turning in 'poachers' every time he does.
5.) Lying about the number of members, amount of land leased, and how much per acre he was charged for the lease. He said $16/acre was what he was charged, but the owners said $11/acre - I understand making a profit, but is this excessive? He was paid for the food plots put out separately. Never gave us a map of the property even though we kept asking for it.
6.) Lied about 550 acres that he said another club leased, but really it was land he received money for that he failed to pay the lease on. The property management company for that section said they'd tried to contact him, but he was in Iraq fighting for our country (lie), and they were waiting until he got back before doing anything. Other than just being dishonest, this is a dishonor to our veterans.

There are other things, but these are probably the most egregious I know of. The question I have is this:
We went down this past week, only to find a SIGN at the campsite stating: "All Campers, All Equipment, All Stands, etc. must be removed by January 23, 2011 or they are FORFEIT. Thanks, 'The Management'."

Is this even legal? The other members we saw down there said the sign was put up just before Christmas (so I'm guessing this is something like a 30-day eviction notice). But no one in the club has been notified in writing or verbally by the Pres or VP. They are both avoiding phone calls or contact at this point. The VP was in camp this week while everyone was out for the morning hunt, but he was gone by the time we got back.

I got the story this was not the 1st time the Pres has pulled this. He'll dissolve the current club, then start a new one doing the same stuff. I would like to warn others. How can I best do that?

hoochfisher

Banned
I would like to warn others. How can I best do that?

post up who it is. if your crook-ing folks like that, he obviously dont care about his name or reputaion any how.

as for all the money, thats gonna be something for civil court.

matthewsman

The management here won't allow it

post up who it is. if your crook-ing folks like that, he obviously dont care about his name or reputaion any how.

as for all the money, thats gonna be something for civil court.

Sorry for the original posters problems though.

Crooked Stick

Before I even think about joining a club ( which I doubt I will ever do again), I would do this.Whoever the "President" is would have to show me a copy of the lease agreement. Show everyone where the money is deposited. Gravel, food plots, etc should be calculated in the original price per person. But all this is pretty much a dream cause most "Presidents" have an agenda and feel the need to be in charge.
I bet your president shot a small cull buck this year too!!!!!!

I bet I can name the club president. I got chastised about 2 years ago for trying to inform other members about his tactics. The owners of the website are afraid that they'll get sued. I would strongly advise other members of this site to avoid a certain taxidermist/club president with a nickname for a first name and a very common last name.

GA DAWG

I dont see what it would hurt to post the club name and county..

gat78

What I am really looking for, and really for my own benefit is whether or not just posting that sign is sufficient to confiscate members' stands, campers, equipment, etc.? Or does he have to give some other notice?
We've tried to contact some members who are done for the season and not coming back, but we don't know all their phone numbers/locations and such. I don't want their stuff getting "forfeited" unfairly when they weren't properly notified.

As for notifying other people to stay away from this Pres, I'm guessing it's just a pipe dream to be able to broadcast it, but just wondered if anyone had suggestions.

Kawaliga

Gone but not forgotten
If he really posed as an Iraq War veteran, he can be prosecuted under the "Stolen Valor" act of congress, and will do time in prison if convicted.

crackerdave

Deer huntin' sure has changed.Used to,you could purty much count on anybody you met out huntin' or fishin' to be good folks.Nowadays,it seems to me that folks take the sport and themselves WAY too seriously. Jus' sayin'..........::gone:

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
Deer huntin' sure has changed.Used to,you could purty much count on anybody you met out huntin' or fishin' to be good folks.Nowadays,it seems to me that folks take the sport and themselves WAY too seriously. Jus' sayin'..........::gone:

You ain't kidding.

As for the property, if it was not part of the lease agreement (the one you had with the club) and the lease terms are not up on January 31st, if he takes anything it is theft.

If the terms of the lease (club) expire on January 31st and he is not allowing anyone to renew, then they should already be planning on getting their stuff.

Lastly, as has been posted, the money issue is a matter for civil court.

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
Whoever the "President" is would have to show me a copy of the lease agreement. Show everyone where the money is deposited. Gravel, food plots, etc should be calculated in the original price per person.

Our club does this upon request of a member.