Bad News From Texas Hunt

quality hunter

Guys

I just received some really bad news from my Texas hill country outfitter David Mann. He performed a helicopter survey and said his deer herd has died off for some unknown reason, possibly anthrax. This is a reputable outfitter the same one Jim Thompson is using on a different ranch this year. He is offering hunting another ranch with smaller bucks or he is offering a refund. Hopefully I can get my plane ticket refunded also if we decide not to go. This hunt is scheduled for nov 6 thru nov10. What a way to ruin a day.

SADDADDY

Man sorry to hear about your luck

anthrax hits them hard from time to time in Texas, I watched a show a few years back where a rancher had to have all his deer removed and burned due to an out break of anthrax :eek:

they had truck loads of 150 B/C bucks loaded up in trucks taking them to the burn pile, it was a shame :eek:

dominantpredator

WOW....man, I am terribly sorry to hear that news. I have never heard of this happening before although some people on here have. That is just awful. How much smaller of a buck is he offering to let you guys hunt? Good luck to you and the rancher.

Hunter Haven

Find you an outfitter inside the " golden triangle" It is in the southwest part of texas. It is brush country. It , to me, is a lot better hunting than the hill country. Typically speaking the deer in the hill country do not put on the body weight like down south. The bucks generally sport a good rack, but lack lots of body weight.To me the brush country is by far the best hunting in texas. I absolutely love it!!!!

quality hunter

I talked to David Mann and we may go on his Corazan ranch hunt. This is a little smaller ranch but he said the bucks are comparable. This is the same ranch Jim Thompson is hunting on. I would like to check other options but it is too late in the season for that, so it may work out afterall.

jman9977

Man thats bad. Hope things work out for you and you can still get in a good hunt.

scshep2002

Banned
Must have been those corn feeders!!!!! Sad to hear this an entire herd, must be devastating to the outfitter!!!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I talked with David today and he said no issues on Corazon ranch, keeping my fingers crossed:)

Scout-N-Hunt

Hope it works out for you fellas.