Bait questions

sportsman94

There’s a guy from GA on trapperman who used one and caught a few cats on it this season. Someone else on their mentioned that they are very attractive to owls so May be something to consider or be mindful of if used

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
It’s a Tim Wells product….he’s the slockmaster and I’ve seen what it’ll do via his videos. It’s a call that goes off like every 10 minutes, lasts about a week or so on a single aaa, I think.

CritterCatcher

I'll have to watch the videos. I saw this product on some of the online catalogs but I thought it was just another gimmick. I will have to check it out. It might be worth having one or two!

Per DNR Law Enforcement, because it is an electronic call, this is legal, but only for coyotes, even if everything else is in season.

sportsman94

Per DNR Law Enforcement, because it is an electronic call, this is legal, but only for coyotes, even if everything else is in season.

This may be something that you have to check with local LE to get their answer. A recently retired game warden said that trapping is a grey area for the use of electronics. He said he would not write a ticket for trapping with this and keeping any catch. He did note that if using this at a hunting setup then you would only be able to take coyotes. I’d like to hear from anyone using them. From what I’ve read they are killer on bobcats, but coyotes seemed to shy away.

CritterCatcher

This may be something that you have to check with local LE to get their answer. A recently retired game warden said that trapping is a grey area for the use of electronics. He said he would not write a ticket for trapping with this and keeping any catch. He did note that if using this at a hunting setup then you would only be able to take coyotes. I’d like to hear from anyone using them. From what I’ve read they are killer on bobcats, but coyotes seemed to shy away.
I doubt that a game warden would even know. I was just relaying what we were told at the GTA Spring Fling. There was a gentleman there who works closely with DNR. Someone asked the question and he called someone to get a definitive answer. We were told that Technically, if you catch anything but a coyote "you are supposed to let it go." What you do is your business.