BAMA receiver quitting the team

DAWG1419

It is a grind....I played youth ball from age 8 through my senior year in High School. Played on a traveling team in the 7th and 8th grade and the JV team at Cass High at the same time....practiced 5 days a week, played one game during the week and one game on Saturday. Played in 4 "All Star" games after both seasons with the traveling league. That leagues season would last through the middle of January with the extra games at the end. Played JV and Varsity for 2 years in High School....again, 2 games a week. By the time I was a junior in high school I hated football....My junior year in high school was MISERABLE....this was back in the days when 2 a days started in July but we were expected to be in the weight room from February on.....spending at least 6 hours a day in summer in the weight room or watching film. It picked up again in my senior year because I knew my chances of ever playing again were slim LOL....but that 11th grade season was pure torture. I decided against The kids who play at the next level have sacrificed a heaping pile to be where they are....it ain't without its rewards but it does come with a LOT of hidden costs.

The best thing I took away from it was working hard and staying the course...anytime since that I have found myself in a situation where things weren't going well and when I was hard up against it I would remember being in that weight room in 1982 and it being 100 degrees and everything soaking wet with humidity and nothing since has seemed as difficult....
I playEd football from age 6 thru one yr in college and at 51 yrs old I’d play tomorrow if I could. I suck a school is why the one yr in college. But I started as a freshman In college. I never got tired of hard work, in high school they tried to kill us so college was a walk in the park to me. We used to go to football camp in high school in August and had 3 practices every day for a week. I loved it. The football part anyway. Heck today we worked 12hrs. And work 7 days a week in 2 businesses all because of the coaches I had growing up pushing me. I still think of those days when I think I’ve had enough.

buckpasser

I was gonna play pro baseball but I quit playing in 7th grade. Messed up my hunting.

I quit baseball because I liked turkey hunting around 716 times better. Football wouldn’t have worked because I liked duck hunting too much back then. The good news, I still have four years of eligibility and I’m almost fat enough to be a lineman now!

alphachief

Grind? He’s a freaking receiver…he’s had it easy his entire career compared to the O and D lines, LB’s and RB’s.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Grind? He’s a freaking receiver…he’s had it easy his entire career compared to the O and D lines, LB’s and RB’s.

LOL there is a lot of truth to that....I played both sides of the line and by mid season I looked like I had been run over by a truck and felt like it was 2!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
So is the issue here that he tweeted about it? Cause like the other post above stated, players enter the transfer portal all the time

No. The issue is he's a freshman and he wants to jump the line because he's him and he's God's gift and everything. If he was that good Saban would having him playing every down. Obviously he's not that good but he's gonna take his football and go home (or the portal) donchano.

I predict this kid is going to be trouble wherever he lands.

ATLFalconsfan80

No. The issue is he's a freshman and he wants to jump the line because he's him and he's God's gift and everything. If he was that good Saban would having him playing every down. Obviously he's not that good but he's gonna take his football and go home (or the portal) donchano.

I predict this kid is going to be trouble wherever he lands.

Or…and I’m playing devils advocate here…like I stated on my earlier post…why not go to a another team and be an instant starter and get your stats up, obviously he’s playing in hopes of achieving all of the players ultimate dreams to play in the NFL…huge price gap from a 1st and 2nd rounder to a 3 and higher…

BamaGeorgialine

He hasn't gone anywhere. He overreacted to not playing last week and tweeted something about quitting. I'm sure one of the vets talked him down some. Earn your time young man. On a lighter note, Sophmore linebacker Will Anderson from Lovejoy GA was defensive player or the week with four sacks. Getting better by the week

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Or…and I’m playing devils advocate here…like I stated on my earlier post…why not go to a another team and be an instant starter and get your stats up, obviously he’s playing in hopes of achieving all of the players ultimate dreams to play in the NFL…huge price gap from a 1st and 2nd rounder to a 3 and higher…

If that's the case why would he leave Alabama? Being a starter on a team that's not a contender isn't going to do much for his NFL chances.

I finally found out how old you guys are. I was playing foot ball in the late sixties ?.

Come on to UGA. If you can catch!

Unlike that Classy Bama team. Get caught with weed, slap your girlfriend and it'll be taken care of "in house".. Just CLASS!
Looks like the Athens police and Clarke county SD are not Georgia fans?

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

Browning Slayer

That’s why there are 77 former Alabama players active in the NFL and only 42 Georgia players active in the NFL .
It's called the National Felon League for a reason!

Browning Slayer

But that’s what draws the good recruits. I don’t like the NFL but that’s why the young kids want the bigger payday
You might want to tell Kirby that. Cause he has no problem bringing talent to UGA. Dawgs have been doing just fine in the NFL department. Even more lately.

I personally don't give a dang about the Thugs. To beat Alabama you got to play the same game.

Lukikus2

THIS^^^
Sometimes these kids just get burnt out. Period. Happened to my son. Played Pee Wee, All Stars every year, four year varsity starter in HS Took his ride to Alp State....Sophomore year he was starting and all of a sudden he calls me up one day and says, “It’s not fun anymore. It’s become a job and I’m just tired.” Took me a bit to come to grips with that decision; tuff pill to swallow. Hard to think that they’re kids dealing with real life stuff. I don’t hold anything against a kid that has dealt with mapping their own future because they are making choices for themselves and their own life and not a preconceived idea of what others think is best...it’s their life and they have to take care of their own mental, physical, and emotional well being.

(y) (y)