Banded Ducks in GA

buckpasser

The first early goose season for GA (I believe), I hunted my FIL’s field. We killed quite a few and one old haggard looking small Canada was wearing jewelry. It was my FIL’s first goose. The band was just about worn through. We sent off for the info and sure enough, it was banded within ten miles of his field many years prior.

MudDucker

Staff member
Waiting on the information on the speckled belly I killed last weekend. In the past, I killed a lot more with jewelry than I seem to see these days.

I’ve got 21 bands on my call lanyard

1 banded quail from di-lane wma
1 banded jake turkey from black hills of South Dakota
1 banded bluebill killed lake guntersville Alabama
1 banded redhead killed aransas pass Texas — the band was so old the last 2 digits were worn off

Rest of the banded birds were killed in Georgia

Farthest one was a 7 year old mallard killed on lake Sinclair and banded on the artic circle at the great slave lake Yellowknife Northwest Territories of Canada

8 duck bands
1 quail
1 turkey
11 geese

I’m 63 years old and have been a serious waterfowler for 43 years— I miss the days of legally shooting lead shot

My 23 year old son who has hunted with me since he was 9 years old has 5 bands on his lanyard — all killed in Georgia

2 ducks
1 goose
2 dove

I dont have any bands now living in GA. but when i was hunting in NC daily i killed 3 banded birds. one local woody, then a red head from Canada and a teal from Canada. both were around 4 years old,

Lightnrod

My son is 13 yrs old and killed his third band this weekend. A male wood duck approximately three years old banded in Brownville, New York in 2018. He killed his first three years ago in OK, a female Specklebelly 5 years old, banded in Yellowknife NWT. And the second a male Lesser Canada two years ago in OK, banded around Lake Huron. Lucky little joker!