Bank Line, the new Paracord?

Artfuldodger

Was reading how many campers and others prefer bank line over paracord. Actually for just general cordage for camping and around the house. Also preferred over sisal or jute baling twine.
The tar makes it a bit waterproof and also helps hold knots. I just ordered a small roll of size 12 and size 36. The preferred size for replacing paracord and for most uses is size 36. Braided is preferred over twisted. Twisted would probably be OK for the smaller sizes.
I've used a good bit of jute and mason's twine in the past for smaller uses and wanted to try the 12 size as well.

Some brands from China may be dyed and/or just be dipped in motor oil. Catahoula looks to be the premier brand and is made in the USA.
1666050470108.jpeg

Hillbilly stalker

I use both. Para cord seems to be easier to release a knot with. Bank line has some good fire starting abilities with the tar.

Artfuldodger

Hammock Campers use all sorts of cord; Amsteel, Zing it, Fling it, Lash it, Dynaglide, Spectra to name a few. I think those are made of Dyneema. Some of those are also used for ocean fishing.

I use some of those for hammock camping but just looking at some cheaper stuff for car camping.