Banks:checking Account

Vineyardhunter

Do any of you guys know which banks in N.GA will let a 17yr old start a checkings account w/adult signature?

-Nathan-

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
When my oldest was 17 she had a checking account with Wachovia and we were co signers.

Jim

Vineyardhunter

That a good bank?

Jim Thompson said:
When my oldest was 17 she had a checking account with Wachovia and we were co signers.

Jim
Is that a good bank?My brother banks with regions and they suck from what i can tell,they lose his liscens,charge him for underdrown account when it is not.They just do no seem to run their bank with enough responsibility as a bank should be ran with.

-Nathan-

southernclay

I think it all depends on the branch. I have heard bad things and good things about all National banks. I bank with a smaller bank and haven't had any bad experiences. I think most banks will allow you to get an account with a co-signer. Good luck.

L

loouuii

When he does open an account tell the bank to start his checks with a high number like 525 or anything like that. It will look like he has had it for a while. :bounce:

Slug-Gunner

Georgia Law considers 17 as an ADULT, ....

Vineyardhunter said:
Do any of you guys know which banks in N.GA will let a 17yr old start a checkings account w/adult signature?

-Nathan-

My son found out, the "hard way", that in Georgia you are legally considered an adult for criminal matters and for getting his driver's license without my signature required. (He went wading in an August Mall fountain pool as a prank and was arrested for "Disorderly Conduct" - another story in itself.) He got his own checking account at Wachovia (student account) when he was still 17 too. You might ask around at different banks to be sure, or just call a few of them and ask?
:confused: :huh: ;)

Last edited:

Todd E

We started B's at Suntrust with me as co-signer when B was sixteen. We haven't had any problems and he had several options as to what type of checking acct was best for him. He is in VA now at college and everything is working great. He can move his money around from savings to checking with no problem. I recommend Suntrust.

whiskers

My son uses Washington Mutual Bank. It is great. No fees for a lot of stuff that banks like to charge for normally.

Whiskers

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
We never had any real problems with Wachovia....only with our daughter and money:D

Jim

MudDucker

Staff member
Bank of America and Synovus both have student accounts that can be opened by a 17 yr old. I really like the online banking at Bank of America with free bill pay.

Vineyardhunter

student account?

We are going later to start me one if my income ta check somes in.Do you have to be a student to get these accounts b/c i dropped out of high school and go my g.e.d.?

-Nathan-