Baptism was for Israel and ended with Grace Dispensation?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Jews, in foreign lands, attended Pentecost in larger numbers than the other feasts, because the time of year favored travel.

According to Acts 2:5-11 there were Jews from "every nation under heaven" in Jerusalem, possibly visiting the city as pilgrims during Pentecost.

"All Nations"
"All Creation"

The disciples were to go out into "all nations" and all creation.

Does that include the people of this continent and the so called New World? At that time you`re speaking of, this place was unkown to Europe and the Middle East. The Phoenicians, Libyans, and Vikings that visited here in the 1100`s and possibly earlier, weren`t here to spread the word. Even the Welsh people, if they really did make here in 1170, probably didn`t either. Were the native people here doomed to no Salvation until the 1500`s and later?

I often wonder about that.

Artfuldodger

Does that include the people of this continent and the so called New World? At that time you`re speaking of, this place was unkown to Europe and the Middle East. The Phoenicians, Libyans, and Vikings that visited here in the 1100`s and possibly earlier, weren`t here to spread the word. Even the Welsh people, if they really did make here in 1170, probably didn`t either. Were the native people here doomed to no Salvation until the 1500`s and later?

I often wonder about that.

I often wonder that as well. Why were they without excuse if in fact they were?
That's why I don't think the group in Romans 1 was the whole world. They may have knew of a Creator but they didn't know him as the God of Abraham.
They didn't quit believing the God they knew. They didn't abandon the worship of that God for other gods.
God didn't turn them over to a depraved mind full of evil. Mainly because they weren't worshiping the God of Abraham to start with.

They weren't any more evil than the Christians in Europe.

Sometimes I think "all nations" or all creation in the Bible was smaller than what we now know.

Concerning salvation, maybe the better system was to let God be in charge of their Salvation and not that of Europeans or any man for that matter.

Plus Jesus said start with Jerusalem for the Great Commission to go out to "all nations." That would be a long waiting period to begin with. It was a long waiting period for the whole world really.
All Nations had to pretty much wait on The Great Commission or Paul.

Last edited: