Barnes .357

Dub

Fast opening, serious wound channel and 22" penetration in ballistic gel covered by denim.

Not sure how far he was positioned from the gel.

Results are confidence inspiring to me, at least.

Big7

The Oracle
357 is a most proven 1 shot stopper on humans and animals with similar heart/lung capacity.

I have never shot that Barnes but a 158gr Magtech will do a number on a deer at at least 75 yards.

Prolly never will either. I got hundreds of cases and boolits, I doubt I'll ever have to buy another "store bought".
?

Last edited:

BriarPatch99

Don't have any experience with that particular bullet ...but all my experience with Barnes as a whole has been great ...

That 140 grain "should" do a good job ...

If I don't change my mind....I am gonna give the 125 grain Barnes in my 357 SIG a try again...shot would be 50 yards or less in the creek area I hunted with it last year ...no opportunity presented ...

Big7

The Oracle
Don't have any experience with that particular bullet ...but all my experience with Barnes as a whole has been great ...

That 140 grain "should" do a good job ...

If I don't change my mind....I am gonna give the 125 grain Barnes in my 357 SIG a try again...shot would be 50 yards or less in the creek area I hunted with it last year ...no opportunity presented ...
If I didn't have so many pistols chambered in 9X19, I would DEFINITELY have that .357 Sig.

Big7

The Oracle
Get the best of it all ... a Glock 31or 22 ...a 40 S&W barrel, a 357 SiG barrel and a 9 mm barrel.... the 40/357 magazines will feed 9mm just fine ...
Another buddy told me about that a while back.

rosewood

If I didn't have so many pistols chambered in 9X19, I would DEFINITELY have that .357 Sig.
You can use the same bullet in both cases. :)

01Foreman400

Staff member
I’ve loaded some but have never killed a deer with them. I can tell you the same bullet in my 44 mag resulted in excellent bullet performance. I don’t think you’ll have any issue with the .357 mag and that bullet.

Anvil Head

Get the best of it all ... a Glock 31or 22 ...a 40 S&W barrel, a 357 SiG barrel and a 9 mm barrel.... the 40/357 magazines will feed 9mm just fine ...
Nah, I'll stick with my S&W Combat Masterpiece with a 6" barrel. Had one make almost 15' after the hit. Most went down where they stood, but then I like to hear them breathing before I commit to a shot.
No, didn't kill hundreds with it, but several. Prefer my Ruger 45LC for the sure kill. I like big holes.