Barnes VOR-TX TTSX-BT Ammo

snooker1

Anyone using the Barnes VOR-TX TTST-BT ammo for hunting, if so are you happy with it? Just picked up my new Weatherby 308 and I was thinking of using this ammo in 150 grn.

fishman1957

I used it in 300 Blackout for buck in avatar went 20 yards Grand daughter used same gun for !st buck a fine 6 pt that only went 10 - 15 yds recovered bullet from doe I shot almost 100% weight retention perfect mushroom

buckpasser

I use the Sig elite ammo in .300 blk that’s almost identical. It’s been ridiculously deadly for such an underwhelming weapon. To see what that tiny little cartridge has done almost defies logic. I killed my #1, #3 and another decent buck with it. My kids killed their first deer with it, and my BIL killed his first two bang bang last year. To look at the wounds you’d think we used a real deer gun!

thumper523

I used the 168 gr. in my .308, they shot better groups than the 150's. These things are the best hunting bullet ever made, just ask anything I shot with them. I'm currently using them in 115 gr. in my 6.5 Grendel. They are accurate too.

Tight Lines

I love them and use them in several calibers for deer...however, .308 is a lot of energy for a southern whitetail IMHO. I've moved down to 6.5 or .25-06 in lower grains...150 grn. .308 can do a lot of damage especially to the opposite side...what is the smallest round for the .308 that you can find in the VOR-TX?

Jim Boyd

Barnes bullet is a death ray on deer.

When I gun hunted, it was DRT from 25 out to 250 yards.

Got some saved up in 7mm-08 and trying to talk myself into using it this year.

snooker1

I love them and use them in several calibers for deer...however, .308 is a lot of energy for a southern whitetail IMHO. I've moved down to 6.5 or .25-06 in lower grains...150 grn. .308 can do a lot of damage especially to the opposite side...what is the smallest round for the .308 that you can find in the VOR-TX?

130, 150, and 168.

NMH5050

I use them when with my 300WM when I hunt mule deer and elk. I have had mixed results with whitetail and only use Hornady SP for WT now.

DeepweR

I want to try them in a 22-250, never hunted with a caliber that small, might try on a doe 1st to see how they work

BASS1FUN

They’re very accurate I shoot them out of my 742BDL 30-06 and 700BDL 338 win mag. I also have some in 270 but I haven’t shot them yet, I make sure they’re on sale or rebate when I buy some