barrel replacement

pacecars

Depends on what kind of barrel you want, its use and what it is going on. Lots of variables

Reactions: Dub

pacecars

Do you have a budget?

Reactions: Dub

nmurph

Shilen, Brux, Krieger, Hart, Douglas...and others. Unless you are a top-level shooter, any of these will likely outshoot the dummy behind the trigger.

pacecars

You can spend a whole lot more on the barrel than the rifle and a nice scope combined

nmurph

Barrels are about 1k including chambering, threading both ends, truing the bolt face, and installing and setting headspace when done by a topnotch smith. Jester probably charges double.?

pacecars

Are the marks external or internal? Could it be refinished?

pacecars

As nmurph said above, you can spend $1k easy. A Marlin .17 HMR and a good Leupold wouldn’t cost as much

Clemson

It's possible that a gunsmith can remove and refinish your existing barrel and then properly reinstall it to save it.

pacecars

^^^^^^^^^
This!

Jester896

Senior Clown
It's possible that a gunsmith can remove and refinish your existing barrel and then properly reinstall it to save it.
it looks like from the schematic of the tube fed and mag fed versions it uses a takedown screw to remove the barrel...but I don't have it in my hand either. It is sad that it wasn't sleeved by the person that did it.

We caused a cosmetic flaw in my new one. I think the only way you can tell is that it is more polished in that area. If I decide to Cerakote it or just bead blast it to take away the sheen I don't think you will see it. He used a file while the barrel turned in the lath then finished it up with 800 & 1K grit emery cloth