Baseball Cards

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Anybody into Sportscards? I used to be really into it years ago. Loved bust'n the packs. Just have not be into it as much last few years. It was just too much money and trouble. Ended up with thousands of common cards.

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
I was big into collecting during the mid/late 80's into the early 90's. I must have thousands upon thousands of cards.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I guess it was 89 when I got started. Now there is so many sets and subsets that it just got confusing and the cost went thru the roof. I have to have a magnifying glass to read Beckett Price Guides now. :huh:

southernclay

I just went through my entire collection, mostly eighties and early nineties. I took out everything over a dollar. I would love to sell the dollar and under cards if anyone is interested, there are thousands of them.

DSGB

BROWNING7WSM said:
I was big into collecting during the mid/late 80's into the early 90's. I must have thousands upon thousands of cards.
Same here. I've been going through them recently and found some that are worth some $. Not very much, but more than I paid for them.

DSGB

Man, late 80's and early 90's must of been the time to collect cards. I have the whole 1993 Pinnacle set, including Team 2000, Shades, etc. They were tough to get, but it's cool knowing that I didn't just go out and buy it like that. What happened to some of those guys from Team 2000?:huh:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Yeah I have several complete sets myself done by busting packs. I have two sets that I bought and are still in the wrapper. They ain't worth much though.
My favorite cards are Maddox and Gerarro(sp) Rookie cards.

Jayrod

What are your best cards? I've got boatlaods of baseball cards but my best cards are...Not one but two Joe Nameth Rookie cards:) I've also got a Steve Carlton, John Smoltz, and Glavine RC's ...they are pretty neat...

I've started collecting Baseball cards with Errors on them...
1) Chiiper Jones RC with no picture on the front
2)Juan Gonzalez Reverse negative
3) Billy Ripken FF card:hair: ( If you've never seen it it is hilarious.)
4) I've got one card that says "this 18 year old right handed curve baller is just 19 years old" go figure:crazy:

and many others

Jayrod

Harvester

Baseball

You just had to make me pull these out this time of night. I've got one full shoe box of em. Mid 70's to mid mid 80's. Buddy Bell was the most expensive I had that I'm aware of. In the box was "The Official Pete Rose 1983 price guide to Baseball Cards". Topps cards are just about all I have.

DSGB

I don't have many cards with errors (that I've noticed), but I do have one of Marcus Giles that's only a few years old. On the back, it says something like, "Brian had a great rookie season...."
I have a couple Chipper Jones RC, Glavine RC, Randy Johnson RC, and a bunch more I can't remember. Now I'm gonna have to go look through them.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I have seen the Billy Ripken error. It has several variations on the correction. I have a couple of audographed cards,Marquise Grissum and Tom Glavine.

walukabuck

I have thousands as well. Use to be quite into it, went to quite a few card shows. Market just become so flooded after a while. However, this post has just rekindled my interest. My most prized card would have to be my dale murphy rookie card.

Sharpshooter

I still have cards from when I was a kid. My most prized card would have to be a Nolan Ryan rookie card from 1968.

Sharpshooter

Goatwoman

I use to collect baseball cards. We have boxes and boxes. My favorite ones are my Nolan Ryan cards,the complete set and some of his Upper Deck cards are the ones I like. He had a complete set of just his cards.

Hawken2222

I was really into card collecting when I was kid. I still have all of my old cards. I'd have to say my most prized cards are the old hostess cards. Back in the mid to late seventies, hostess used to put cards on the back of ther snack cake boxes. I have about six boxes that the cards were never cut out off. On one of the boxes is a Nolan Ryan card. I will never part with my old baseball cards.