Bay City Lodge- here we come!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I just made reservations for myself and my two hunt camp partners. We'll be down in Apalachicola from April 8th to April 15th.
For those who don't know, this is an old time Florida fish camp, recently upgraded with all the amenities that a fish camp should have. Boat on the dock,trailer and truck in the parking lot, motel rooms, cabins, restaurant, bait and tackle shop, icehouse, excetera.
I'm taking my G3 1860 CCT Deluxe tunnel hull for sure, and one of my partners may have his 20 foot Robalo refurbished and ready by then.
I would be interested in meeting and rubbing elbows with any GONers who are down there at the time. If we are in the two boat mode, we may even be able to give a ride or two. If not, at least meet for lunch or something like that on a blown-out day. If any of y'all are going to be down there, or at St George Island at the time, drop me a note.
Looking Forward!

1eyefishing

Bump...
Counting the days.
It looks like a lot of blown out days recently. Hope it calms down for me and my little boat.
Does anybody know what time of year the tripletail show up in the bay and st. Vincent sound? Hoping they are a little early this year... I understand April is good on the Georgia coast but they get put down a little bit in the middle of May when the shrimp boats start working...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170324-110329.jpg
    Screenshot_20170324-110329.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,090

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
6 more weeks before I'm coastal.. :cry:

1eyefishing

I wanna follow u down...
Down the river channel and​ around to the rocks!
I need to make reservations. Send me dates...

swamp hunter

Is that Carpet on a Bay Boat !:hair:
Wow, I could ruin that in one morning with my cast net...:bounce:

1eyefishing

Is that Carpet on a Bay Boat !:hair:
Wow, I could ruin that in one morning with my cast net...:bounce:

It is soft rubberized material. Can't get a hook caught in it, very soft on the feet and doesn't heat up in the hot sun.. Cleans up easily with a brush, awesome stuff. Unique to G3, not a bay boat but when it grows up it wants to be... it's my flatsbaycreekmarshoysterbarshallowwaterriver alumnumtunnelhullboat. It has withstood quite a few cast net loads dumped right where that picture was taken plus muddy red clay boots from it hauling me to and from some good turkey hunting grounds..:cool:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
It is soft rubberized material. Can't get a hook caught in it, very soft on the feet and doesn't heat up in the hot sun.. Cleans up easily with a brush, awesome stuff. Unique to G3, not a bay boat but when it grows up it wants to be... it's my flatsbaycreekmarshoysterbarshallowwaterriver alumnumtunnelhullboat. It has withstood quite a few cast net loads dumped right where that picture was taken plus muddy red clay boots from it hauling me to and from some good turkey hunting grounds..:cool:

It's a crappy boat.. I think you should just give it to me.. I've got mud on it more than once just dealing with the low water in Lanier..:D

1eyefishing

Ttt-
The countdown is winding down...
Still wondering if there will be in a GONers in Apalachicola or on St. George Island that week?
I have three guys and two boats. So we will probably leave one in the water at the lodge for working the river mouths in the top of the bay, especially on windy days. We will leave my boat on the trailer for hauling to St. George Island, Indian pass, or St. Joe Bay depending on wind conditions. We may be able to break our team up one day and have an extra seat or two.
There are too many fishing options to cover in only seven days, so we might stay an extra day or three ( again depending on the wind).
The Hit List will include the regulars: redfish, trout, and flounder. Plus tripletail (if they are there this early) and pompano and possibly cobia if we can make it out front, especially around the point of St. Joe peninsula.

Y'all pray for us! And wishing you the best back on the OWL get together at Lanier...( this trip is the only reason that I will not be there on the 8th.)

1eyefishing

Another pic from my last trip.
Fishing by myself at picaline bar...

Attachments

• resized redfish.jpg
    resized redfish.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 726

cableguychris

Plus tripletail (if they are there this early)

i have caught them in June, never fished that area in April. i will around the bend from you guys from 4-8 / 4-12 in Steinhatchee. best of luck

jaymax00

good luck to you, I know the trout, reds, and flounder are all being caught. Some Spanish in the bay also. We caught some gags and a 43" cobia offshore this weekend. I have not heard of any tripletails as of yet. Good luck to yall!

1eyefishing

J.M. - We won't be able to offshore in our little boats. Do Cobia cruise the beach front and sandbars outside the surf as they do at PCB, destin, and pcola?

jaymax00

you can catch them off the beach, but not like those places. Atleast I haven't heard of many caught. I do have a buddy that caught one around 40" off Carabelle beach so it can be done!

1eyefishing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170409-204634.jpg
    Screenshot_20170409-204634.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 540
  • Screenshot_20170409-213522-432x768-216x384.jpg
    Screenshot_20170409-213522-432x768-216x384.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 546

1eyefishing

...by myself again.
...buddies takin a break.:D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170411-123854.jpg
    Screenshot_20170411-123854.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 442

SlowMotion

Your making me want to skip work and come join you.

1eyefishing

...Fished picalene bar again this afternoon after a slow morning...

Attachments

• IMG_20170412_180551-1214x1619.jpg
    IMG_20170412_180551-1214x1619.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 397
  • Screenshot_20170412-211453-432x768.png
    Screenshot_20170412-211453-432x768.png
    505.9 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_20170411_214001-1214x1619.jpg
    IMG_20170411_214001-1214x1619.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 411