beagles anyone?

Redbow

Yes sir I like Beagles, we had them for 20 years. Ours doubled as pets and rabbit hunting dogs. I had two real good ones they loved to hunt and so did I. The last beagle we had died in 2002, she was almost 18 years old.

specialk

oh yeah....

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Here he go, here he go, right here!

GeorgiaBob

My first dog (family dog really) was a beagle. Soupy (I couldn't correctly pronounce the name of Charles Schultz's barnstorming pooch) was a tricolor with a lot of energy. We also had a pet rabbit! I was excited and Mom's heart near broke when she saw that the rabbit was out of his pen and Soupy was chasing.

It didn't turn out too bad. Soupy caught that rabbit, fur flew, dust and leaves obscured the scene - until Soupy took off running with the rabbit in hot pursuit. After that we left the rabbit's pen open and those two became best friends, sleeping together when they weren't playing tag.

Hillbilly stalker

We had a neighborhood beagle. She belonged to my buddy, she was a bluetick beagle. You could walk past my buddy Terry's house and she be laying in the porch. If you had a shotgun, you could holler " come on lady" and she would peel off the porch and go hunting with you. No gun, no go. She was a good jump dog and a good track dog both. Them were the good ol days before everybody caught that incurable deer disease, just cut up the hill anywhere you wanted and have you a race. I love to hear a pack of beagle dogs burning up a briar patch.

Redbow

We had a neighborhood beagle. She belonged to my buddy, she was a bluetick beagle. You could walk past my buddy Terry's house and she be laying in the porch. If you had a shotgun, you could holler " come on lady" and she would peel off the porch and go hunting with you. No gun, no go. She was a good jump dog and a good track dog both. Them were the good ol days before everybody caught that incurable deer disease, just cut up the hill anywhere you wanted and have you a race. I love to hear a pack of beagle dogs burning up a briar patch.
Yep, them briar patches kinda worked on the beagles. I have seen their ears and the tips of their tails bloody many times from their encounters with the briars. Some of the biggest briar beds I have ever seen was in the Great Pee Dee Swamp down in SC. No way a man could even imagine getting thru them without a bull dozer. But they held plenty of cottontail and swamp rabbits also. I guess the briars kept many of the rabbits from being eaten by foxes and bobcats.

greg j

Had a Beagle once, never had a mean bone in her. She was a great house pet but wouldn't hunt worth a darn. Might get another one but would make sure it came from hunting stock.