Bear Grease Podcast - Folsom Site Episodes

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
My daughter and I listened to all 3 parts of the Folsom episode on the way to deer camp. I like Clay's documentary style podcasts.

However, his biweekly Bear Grease Render is terrible. I've tried to listen to it, but I give it 2 thumbs down.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Folsom points are tricky to replicate along with Cumberlands. Clovis points are not so hard to make with some practice.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Great podcast, and that 3 parter was awesome. Lots of interesting discussions.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Love that podcast. Me and NCHillbilly were just watching Clay and Steven Rinella.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
My daughter and I listened to all 3 parts of the Folsom episode on the way to deer camp. I like Clay's documentary style podcasts.

However, his biweekly Bear Grease Render is terrible. I've tried to listen to it, but I give it 2 thumbs down.
I don’t care for the Render either. Too many people and they step on each other trying to talk.

ddd-shooter

Folsom points are tricky to replicate along with Cumberlands. Clovis points are not so hard to make with some practice.
No doubt! I think anthropologists have guessed a failure rate of around 30-40% and those were the people that made them all the time.
I really enjoyed the line of thought exploring why they made that style point. It was hard to knap. Was it a way to separate themselves? Was it a way to be better? I like to think they sat around a fire trying to have the most beautiful and difficult point to make-just because they could…

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, I've been enjoying it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

I actually really like the Render myself. Listen to it every other week. I like the group discussion and random stuff.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've made some decent Clovis points. I have never been able to make a Folsom point I was happy with.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I got behind on it and recently finished up the series on outlaw turkey hunters and moon shiners Louie Dale and Charlie Edwards. Man that was some more good stuff. I hope Clay does this a long time.