Bear in Heard County?

Looking for some input. I have hunt in northern Heard county for a few years and never seen any signs of bear. Got this on camera the other day. Although not clear it appears to be a bear. Anyone familiar if there are bears in that part of GA. Or if not a bear, wht this is? Thanks!

Attachments

• 14681.jpeg
    14681.jpeg
    482.3 KB · Views: 178

FOLES55

Bad angle and shadowing for sure. Who knows, but I will play and say dog.

hdgapeach

Weird lookin' critter, for sure. I don't think it's a bear. The rear legs look way to skinny to be a bear.
The shape of that body with the sway in the back and the peak of the front shoulder line shore resembles pork, to me.
But that head looks like a mutt. Ears are too far up on his head to be porky, but just about right for a bear.
Maybe it's a bear with skinny legs and mange! Hey, if north Atlanta can have bear every now and then, I don't see why Heard County wouldn't stand a chance.

I hope he makes a few more passes by that camera so you can get some more pics to share with us.

Rolltide30

It is a weird looking creature for sure. I have seen a bear in Carroll County crossing the street and a buddy had a family member get one on a camera in Waco. Definitely possible to have them in Heard.

CornStalker

This is bizarre. But I agree with Buckman, looks like a short-legged dog--albeit, very hoggish looking too.

Wayne D Davis

Odd looking for sure. The body of a pig with the face of a yote. Or is it a pig with the remains of a yote head. Hogotie

Latest posts