Bear Rug From Trophy Taker Taxidermy

Buckman18

I’ve sort of always wanted one, and finally put up the ponies to get it. This is the first collared bear I shot in 2019. Trophy Taker did a very good job. I’m anxious to get my new house built so I can cover up with it when I get cold. Thought I’d share.

F74D62E3-26F7-4D6D-8C65-11A25AC23DF9.jpegD8811080-333B-41A2-B64C-DCE59BFC6982.jpeg
71DE87CA-A2A5-441E-BF7A-F07C4AFD4478.jpeg96A07E00-689A-4D50-A557-7991FCABF76E.jpeg

Last edited:

Buckman18

Man, that looks good. How much that bear weigh?

Me and my buddies guessed 275-300. Had to skin him otg where he died, there was no way to get him out whole.

chrislibby88

Nice! What was the wait time on the rug? I’ve got a hide Im planning on dropping with them next time I make it back up there.

Rabun

Looks great! Curious if you got to keep those collars or if you turn them in for some sort of data offload and reuse?

Buckman18

Nice! What was the wait time on the rug? I’ve got a hide Im planning on dropping with them next time I make it back up there.

About 17-18 months. I kept it in my freezer a year because I didn’t really want to fork out the money. But… great work and when you walk in and see that he actually has a full time staff and 100’s and 100’s of whitetail racks and other creatures, it’s a wonder he got it back that fast. Word has got out that Trophy Taker is a high quality business.

Looks great! Curious if you got to keep those collars or if you turn them in for some sort of data offload and reuse?
The state gets the collar. I have an option to call the biologist to get the collar data from the bears I’ve killed, but I haven’t done that. I don’t won’t to bother them.

ddd-shooter

About 17-18 months. I kept it in my freezer a year because I didn’t really want to fork out the money. But… great work and when you walk in and see that he actually has a full time staff and 100’s and 100’s of whitetail racks and other creatures, it’s a wonder he got it back that fast. Word has got out that Trophy Taker is a high quality business.

The state gets the collar. I have an option to call the biologist to get the collar data from the bears I’ve killed, but I haven’t done that. I don’t won’t to bother them.
I couldn’t keep from calling. I’ve always wondered where and how the stuff I kill moves. Wish we had a buck collared up here. I’d love to see their activities.
You should do it. Adam is a nice guy. I can’t imagine you’d be bothering him. He’d probably be glad we’re interested in his work.

Buckman18

I couldn’t keep from calling. I’ve always wondered where and how the stuff I kill moves. Wish we had a buck collared up here. I’d love to see their activities.
You should do it. Adam is a nice guy. I can’t imagine you’d be bothering him. He’d probably be glad we’re interested in his work.
you are welcome to call him and tell him we’re friends and maybe he will oblige? My real world name is Joseph Youngblood.