Bears n beans

Blackston

A626DF6C-93DF-4014-8C13-5F6B1E1CCA78.pngWell Yogi has taken up residence ( he’s a nightly visitor you can set your clock by him ) I was reading that bears can’t eat or digest soy beans ? I was wondering if I could mix some in with bulk corn or use beans exclusively for a while to get him to head down the road to a bait site that was more appetizing….. Any one know anything about this or other ideas ( and I’m sure I’ll get the quit baiting answer , but to me it’s fun and I enjoy the pics )

Buckman18

View attachment 1160727Well Yogi has taken up residence ( he’s a nightly visitor you can set your clock by him ) I was reading that bears can’t eat or digest soy beans ? I was wondering if I could mix some in with bulk corn or use beans exclusively for a while to get him to head down the road to a bait site that was more appetizing….. Any one know anything about this or other ideas ( and I’m sure I’ll get the quit baiting answer , but to me it’s fun and I enjoy the pics )

I’ve read the same thing. I’d try exclusively soy beans for a bit and report back.

Otherwise, you can guarantee he will stay, and your deer pics will go down.

Only other answer is to stop feeding for awhile and let him move on, but what fun is that?

Up here in the mountains, when the bears start showing up on cam, the deer disappear for awhile.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I would be putting some bear meat in the freezer if he sticks around.

Blackston

Buck70

Bears are lazy. They like to eat from a feeder, trough or a corn pile. Scatter the corn and the bear will leave. I had that problem in N. Fl. and that solved my bear problem.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Oh y’all know I’m a predator by nature ?…. But he’s off limits here
I can come up and take care of the problem for you since he's off limits to you.. :bounce: