Beaver

I got a couple of 330s, and a dozen snares to get ready for a drawn out effort, but things went much more quickly than I would've guessed. Went out to set the 330s Saturday evening and my neighbor who was helping me scout locations shot the female. Went out the next morning and the male was caught in one of the two 330 I managed to set.
IMG_3043.jpgIMG_3885.jpgIMG_3886.jpgIMG_3896.jpg

fatback

Good job. I had a couple show up yesterday in a pond that I caught 2 out of back in late February. I’m gonna set this evening after work and try and get them caught before they do any damage.

longrangedog

Be sure you take a 3' length of rope with a loop on one end in case you ever catch your hand in a conibear. You can thread the rope thru the spring eyes then thru the loop and step on the running end of the rope. Pulling hard with your free hand might compress the spring enough to free yourself. I use the separate safety that holds the jaws open in addition to the trap safeties. Bad deal if you get caught but worse with no one around to help you get out.

Be sure you take a 3' length of rope with a loop on one end in case you ever catch your hand in a conibear. You can thread the rope thru the spring eyes then thru the loop and step on the running end of the rope. Pulling hard with your free hand might compress the spring enough to free yourself. I use the separate safety that holds the jaws open in addition to the trap safeties. Bad deal if you get caught but worse with no one around to help you get out.

I knew this was a risk but didn't think to take any precautions. I had one snap on me yesterday; even though I had the safeties on the springs I got a real good thump across the back of my hand. I am getting a separate safety now as well.