Bee Boxes

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I used to keep bees as a hobby,if I were close to something like that I might try it again.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I used to keep bees as a hobby,if I were close to something like that I might try it again.
Always wanted to try it, but it's just so much easier to buy a bottle of honey from the store, even if it costs nearly $20 for a quality jar of it.

wvdawg

Staff member
That's a bunch of bees!

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Those look like 8 frame hives too.

GAJoe

That's a lot of honey,,, and work.

LOVEMYLABXS

Nice job on the shots. Our bees up here have been having a ruff time the last couple of years for some reason. Had some hiveup in the wall of an old build for several years but now they've been gone for a couple years.

Silver Britches

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have been helping my buddy build a bunch of bee hives. Both 5 and 10 frame nukes.
He had 2 swarm traps moving to nukes today from last night. One is bigger than he thought and will need a 10 frame nuke. It seems like every time I turn around we are going to catch another hive.

Here is the the first hive I helped him cut...they were pretty docile...we took a few hours to get this one cut out of that box. I didn't have a suit and didn't get stung once.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I got stung twice doing this one we cut out of another friend of mines house. We had to close off the room and cut the ceiling to get these out.
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Silver Britches

I have been helping my buddy build a bunch of bee hives. Both 5 and 10 frame nukes.
He had 2 swarm traps moving to nukes today from last night. One is bigger than he thought and will need a 10 frame nuke. It seems like every time I turn around we are going to catch another hive.

Here is the the first hive I helped him cut...they were pretty docile...we took a few hours to get this one cut out of that box. I didn't have a suit and didn't get stung once.

I got stung twice doing this one we cut out of another friend of mines house. We had to close off the room and cut the ceiling to get these out.
Awesome. And they were pretty relaxed.

Jester896

Senior Clown
we caught a swarm in a pecan orchard a few weeks ago that was the easiest one yet..shook them right off in the nuke and put the lid on...had the pad closed off so they would travel and not get out....fun stuff. Might break down and get me a jacket...them 2 stings from the green box bees lit my face up like a Christmas tree...one just at the hairline on the temple and one flew into the hole in the front of my hat I had turned backwards.