Bee ?

flyrod444

The mention of bee's in the bear encounter reminded me of something I've always thought. Being on the water fishing streams 4 or 5 days a week during the summer months I keep a eye out for them and guides I work with inform each other where the nest are they see or find the hard way. I might go several years without getting on the wrong side of an angry bee, but it seems if i get stung, they are drawn to me for the next few weeks. It never seems to fail once stung to expect a repeat soon after. Anyone else experience this?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The mention of bee's in the bear encounter reminded me of something I've always thought. Being on the water fishing streams 4 or 5 days a week during the summer months I keep a eye out for them and guides I work with inform each other where the nest are they see or find the hard way. I might go several years without getting on the wrong side of an angry bee, but it seems if i get stung, they are drawn to me for the next few weeks. It never seems to fail once stung to expect a repeat soon after. Anyone else experience this?
Most definitely. I've seen it time and time again with myself and many other people. Get stung, you are a definite target for a good while.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Thankfully I’m not allergic. My father raised bees and had an apple orchard on the farm I grew up on. I was constantly getting stung by bees and wasp but ants crawling and biting me not only then but now decades later will make me vacate the country. Yellow jackets are a curse to mankind. Most stings at one time was seventeen. In the mountains trout fishing. Glad that cold water was nearby or there’s no telling how many times I would have got stung. If we ever share a campfire ask me about the gallon jug full of yellow jackets I caught once a time long ago.