Before and After

rbsharp

This is what happens when you pass on the same Buck 3 years in a row ,because you want him to get bigger ,he runs out on the road in the December rut and gets hit I would have shot him last year but he was in a violent fight in November rut and broke antlers ,i will find picture and post of fight

Attachments

• MFDC1031.JPG
    MFDC1031.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 233
  • MFDC2854.JPG
    MFDC2854.JPG
    292.6 KB · Views: 233

rbsharp

Here he is in November Fight ,broke antlers ,eyes swollen shut ,bleeding out his mouth ,you should have seen the other guy he died 3 weeks later ,got his picture also

Attachments

• MFDC3199.JPG
    MFDC3199.JPG
    377.5 KB · Views: 151

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yeah he had been in a battle ! What makes u think he got hit by a car ? He could of suffered a skull injury from the fight , I think it happens often

rbsharp

here's the other deer he was fighting got picture of them going at it ,the eye wound must of went deep , he quit eating and i found him dead bout 3 weeks later ,no one hunts near me , no bullets hole in him ,got pictures of car wreak coming

Attachments

• IMG_3690.JPG
    IMG_3690.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 111

rbsharp

I call him Big Boy ,nothing fancy ,i have read that if the pain will go away the deer could go its antlers correct again ,brain to busy dealing with pain to grow antler ,im not sure if that will come ,he coming by almost every day ,i decide when rifle season comes if his pain is really bad ,and do what is right ,I do know when that are hurt they are really mean ,I would like to see him try to defend his tuff ,here is car hit pictures ,no drought about what happen ,he had a very wide spread ,probably not 24 inch like the one killed in Crawford Co but close

Attachments

• MFDC1060.JPG
    MFDC1060.JPG
    288.1 KB · Views: 108
  • MFDC2056.JPG
    MFDC2056.JPG
    300.6 KB · Views: 110

280 Man

Banned
That right back leg being injured is why the left side of his rack is messed up. I highly doubt that bucks rack will ever be "right" again.

rbsharp

I agree , on a lighter note ,I bow hunt this evening and saw a Buck of a life time ,but did not come into range ,Its going to be a good year ,Good luck everyone

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
He just might bounce back next year.
Sometimes you gotta let him get there.
He healed enough to live through it.
You waited this long one more year ain’t too much.

rbsharp

Got bad news ,me and Big Boy go back 7 years, it was not suppose to end this way ,and he was shot by a poacher few days ago ,I hunt on the edge of a big plantation ,and there called me and asked why i was driving in the peanuts , I went out this evening and walked the tire tracks ,found where it went down ,smell him and found him 25 yards in the woods ,very sad ending for a great deer ,I have a good Idea who did this ,plan on getting Pay back

Attachments

• IMG_4224.JPG
    IMG_4224.JPG
    578.8 KB · Views: 114

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Really sucks to find your favorite deer that way. I was hoping you got him or next year he rebounded back.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Man that sucks.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Man that’s tough for sure....don’t lose YOUR head though. You find another big boy!