Beginner, Help ?

restorit

I have been wanting to fly fish since I was a kid and at 33 I just bought my first setup. Anyone know where the best place to learn is.....lessons, DVDs, etc ?

I have been wanting to fly fish since I was a kid and at 33 I just bought my first setup. Anyone know where the best place to learn is.....lessons, DVDs, etc ?

Check out youtube for casting lessons. Lots of free advice on there. Kent is great too. A day with a guide who can teach is worth far more than anything you will pay. Save lots of money by doing that. Kent is a certified FFF instructor too and will get you started off right.

Also check with a local fly shop. Not sure myself what is in the canton area but the FishHawk in Atl can help you out.

Sargent

Since you are in Canton-

Go see Willy at Fly Box Outfitters in Kennesaw. They offer some classes there and Willy is a good guy to do business with.

allenww

I concur that you won't beat Willy. Just remember he has to eat, too, so buy something.

But to get in the information flow, don't forget to at least visit "North Georgia Trout Online" (NGTO).

wa