Benelli

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Facitiously - Hold to the right. LOL

Realistically - does it shoot everything to the left or does it pattern a particular load to the left?

Gator89

I got a SBE 2 that is shooting to the left. Help needed

More info needed.

Are you the original owner? If yes, did you change the shims?

If not the original owner, what shims are installed?

Have you shot the gun off a sandbag to pattern it?

I own an SBE 2, I am a 6' 4" right handed shooter, so I use the D shim for maximum stock drop, and the DX for cast because I am right handed.

Gator89

My first thought is are your shooting aftermarket chokes?

I shoot Carlson turkey chokes in my Benellis, a SBE 2 12 and an M2 20, they shoot to point of aim. I patterned my SBE 2 off a sandbag. On my M2 I just freehanded a turkey head splatter target and called it good to go.

There is a lot of internet chatter that the SBE 3's shoot high and left, but not so much on the 2's.

killerv

they come with drop and cast shims, change the shim.

benellis arent well known for shooting straight, even their rep told me within 9inches of center is acceptable to leave factory. I had to bend the barrel of a m1 20ga in a tree fork once when shims werent enough.

Duff

they come with drop and cast shims, change the shim.

benellis arent well known for shooting straight, even their rep told me within 9inches of center is acceptable to leave factory. I had to bend the barrel of a m1 20ga in a tree fork once when shims werent enough.
That's gettin'er done right there!:rockon::cheers:

fauxferret

The early SBE2's were also known to shoot high. Benelli initially denied that was a problem. Had our Benelli rep tell us there was a fix that had to deal with that metal ring on the mag tube. But that was only after 6-9months after the 2's were out. I would check the shims, and as previously mentioned is it just one particular load or every thing you have shot. Shotguns are tricky like that.

killerv

The early SBE2's were also known to shoot high. Benelli initially denied that was a problem. Had our Benelli rep tell us there was a fix that had to deal with that metal ring on the mag tube. But that was only after 6-9months after the 2's were out. I would check the shims, and as previously mentioned is it just one particular load or every thing you have shot. Shotguns are tricky like that.
The old ones also, you had to buy the Drop D shim kit separate, that usually did the trick but they wouldnt ship them with the D shims. That was fun before the days of the internet to locate that stuff.