Beretta 682 question

Baroque Brass

Hey guys, I’m hoping someone out there is familiar with the Beretta 600 series. I was shooting yesterday and the gun didn’t cock after reloading. A few weeks ago I had a problem with the bottom barrel not cocking but some lubricant on the firing pin seemed to help. Yesterday I noticed that the round pin in the pictures seems to be bent upwards. I don’t know if that’s a problem but I do know I’ve shot lots of rounds through the gun (I bought it used) and I’ve only cleaned the external parts. I don’t think I want to tear into the mechanism, I’d rather get it to a qualified gun smith. I’m in SW Georgia if someone knows of a gun smith in the area. I’d rather not ship it. Thanks IMG_2083.jpegIMG_2082.jpeg

Jester896

Senior Clown
drop it by or I'm passing through Thomasville early morning and mid-afternoon Thursday...I'll run it up to my buddy for ya.

fauxferret

The part that is protruding is normal. That should be part of the lock mechanism that becomes exposed when you have the take down lever fully extended and is normal when the shotgun is taken apart. Sounds like it just needs a stock off cleaning. Probably have residue and carbon in the firing mechanism. I can't attest to a 682 but I know the newer 686 series is inertia reset for the second round. So I would make the assumption there's crud in there that's preventing that. Good news is should be an easy fix. The 680 series of guns is a proven action and it's been around forever. I have a SP1 with over 50K rounds through it and it has never missed a beat. It's a lifetime gun that's for sure. All the best to you

Baroque Brass

Thanks, I’m pretty sure it’s inertia reset. It’s a sweet gun, I really enjoy shooting it.

Baroque Brass

Yours looks like mine, except for all the fancy engraving. Thanks for posting that. Maybe mine just needs a good cleaning, reckon if I take the stock off it will provide enough access to clean everything?

Baroque Brass

You up and running yet?
Noting the time of your post, I’m not up and running but having a refreshing adult beverage. If you’re referring to the 682, it’s reassembled and works on snap caps. I’ll try it on the range soon, I’m guessing it’s still gonna miss clays.

Latest posts