Bering Optics Thermals

Grunt-n-bleat

Bering Optics line is a good choice. AGM Rattlers are another good choice. Main thing to ask is how much you wanna spend, and what is the main use for the thermal scope. Pulsar Thermion is another option, lil bit more pricey. But with thermals, buy once cry once.

bassculler

I am also in the market and have done a good bit of research. Look up outdoor legacy on you tube. Hans is a great guy. Personally, i am waiting on the super hogster LRF to come out in August. After hunting with friends and their thermals, i have noticed how important an accurate range finder is, especially with coyotes. During the day, i can get a good idea of distance. At night, its very difficult.

sghoghunter

I have a hogster vibe 35. A hogster is a few hundred dollars more than the rattler 35 but in my opinion the one extra year of warranty is worth it plus they say it has a little better image than the rattler. Here’s a pic from the weekend. I was around a hundred yds away on a real humid night.

Attachments

• BF622175-879F-420F-A442-4E80AB0DF1D9.jpeg
    BF622175-879F-420F-A442-4E80AB0DF1D9.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I have a hogster vibe 35. A hogster is a few hundred dollars more than the rattler 35 but in my opinion the one extra year of warranty is worth it plus they say it has a little better image than the rattler. Here’s a pic from the weekend. I was around a hundred yds away on a real humid night.
I was able to put my eye on a rattler 25 over the weekend and wasn't impressed compared to my old pulsar rxq30.

sghoghunter

I was able to put my eye on a rattler 25 over the weekend and wasn't impressed compared to my old pulsar rxq30.

I’ve got the original rxq30 with the green background. Me personally I loved that scope cause it didn’t really mess with my eyes to bad. This Vibe I got now is night and day difference. The only two things that I’m not real crazy about is the field of view is a little narrower than the rxq30 and the battery life sucks on the Hogster.

Jabo64

I am also in the market and have done a good bit of research. Look up outdoor legacy on you tube. Hans is a great guy. Personally, i am waiting on the super hogster LRF to come out in August. After hunting with friends and their thermals, i have noticed how important an accurate range finder is, especially with coyotes. During the day, i can get a good idea of distance. At night, its very difficult.
I’ll check them out - thanks

Pig Predator

I had to send in my pulsar rxq30, they're discontinued. It died memorial day weekend. It's a year out of warranty. They told me to send it back. Im curious as what will come of it...

bighonkinjeep

I had to send in my pulsar rxq30, they're discontinued. It died memorial day weekend. It's a year out of warranty. They told me to send it back. Im curious as what will come of it...
I'd be interested to know how this works out for you. Lotta cash outlayed for an optic if you only get 3 years of service life. Please let us know how they handle it.

sghoghunter

What happened to it? I’ve sent 30 in twice,both times out of warranty. First time it was cutting off every time I shot and the screen had a bad spot in it. I had to pay for another screen but it was under $200. Second time the screen went black but still a worked. Several days later it returned home with a note saying a wire came loose inside and no charge.

Last edited:

Pig Predator

What happened to it? I’ve sent 30 in twice,both times out of warranty. First time it was cutting off every time I shot and the screen had a bad spot in it. I had to pay for another screen but it was under $200. Second time the screen went black but still a worked. Several days later it returned home with a note saying a wire came loose inside and no charge.
Shot 3 hogs and was just looking around assessing the confirms and it just shut off and wouldn't come back on despite new batteries. First time it has ever gave me any trouble.

sghoghunter

Shot 3 hogs and was just looking around assessing the confirms and it just shut off and wouldn't come back on despite new batteries. First time it has ever gave me any trouble.

That’s the way mine did the first time but can’t remember what they said caused it.

sghoghunter

That’s the way mine did the first time but can’t remember what they said caused it.

Keith Karr

Iray has a 5 year warranty. I don’t own any of their stuff but probably will very soon.

I’m looking at buying the Bolt scope and Cabin scanner.

They advertise a 5 business day turnaround after receiving something back for warranty.

Keith Karr

Contact Cameron at

thermalopticsplus.com

He’s just north of Chattanooga and sells all brands of thermals and is very knowledgeable about the pros and cons of each.

Pig Predator

I'd be interested to know how this works out for you. Lotta cash outlayed for an optic if you only get 3 years of service life. Please let us know how they handle it.
Sent it last wednesday. They received it monday and called me yesterday. $30 to replace function buttons and battery compartment, will send an email confirming shipping after repair. I think thats awesome service and great price for a discontinued unit one year out of warranty.