Bermuda invaders—help!

erhunter

My Bermuda is getting taken over by these two types of weeds. Anyone know what types they are? Can they be killed without hurting the Bermuda? Any help appreciated

Attachments

• 53684C8A-6BA7-4C09-8858-5BBF7CE5AF4D.jpeg
    53684C8A-6BA7-4C09-8858-5BBF7CE5AF4D.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 73FF245B-CBF1-46EE-928C-46D5E5AA81FB.jpeg
    73FF245B-CBF1-46EE-928C-46D5E5AA81FB.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 154

work2play2

Banned again & will band again soon
Nutsedge/kylinga
It will die with the first frost. Pulling it does nothing more will pop up. Do you have a lawn company treating your yard? If so call them if not order certainty online. You can kill it this year and it’ll pop back up same place next yr. prob easier to just hire a local lawn care operator that does chemicals

erhunter

My lawn care company said it’s centipede grass and cannot be controlled. I fired them because this invader is why I hired them in first place
I appreciate the help. Ima try to spray 3-way on it and try to outcompete it by spraying my Bermuda with some kind of nitrogen based spray.

buckmanmike

Ive always heard nitrogen is the best weed killer. Makes the grass outgrow the weeds. Ive never fed my weeds or both blades of grass.

DAWG1419

My lawn care company said it’s centipede grass and cannot be controlled. I fired them because this invader is why I hired them in first place
I appreciate the help. Ima try to spray 3-way on it and try to outcompete it by spraying my Bermuda with some kind of nitrogen based spray.
Will not work. Get yourself some certainty. It will last you forever and it does work. If you are near me I’d spray it for free. Send me a pm where you are located. BTW if it were centipede the 3 way would kill it lol.

The second picture appears to be dove weed, a real pain in the butt. Although you can find a few herbicides that will kill it. I use Celsius and it is very effective but expensive. I have read through research that Blindside, Surge, Atrazine and 2-4-D will also kill it. The bad part is that it will come back next year.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
There's a product at HD called "IMAGE Kills Nutsedge". Comes in a hose sprayer bottle. About $15-$18. Give that a try. Once sprayed, you'll need to give it a couple weeks to start seeing the weeds start to die, but it works. Also works good on Poa Annua (annual bluegrass).

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They deserved to be fired, centipede out of Bermuda is easy, Bermuda out of centipede not so much, the best product if you can find it would be msma, other options would be revolver, drive, or monument

snookdoctor

There is a product called SEDGEHAMMER that selectively kills only nutsedge. It is avalible online. I have used it with excellent results. You mix it in a tank sprayer.